Buy American or . . .

Your Fired (best Vince McMann voice)

http://www.special-finance.com/t_inside.cfm?action=news_pick&storyID=34296

Jim Fouts, the mayor of Metro Detroit’s largest suburb, told his 40-plus appointees that he expects their next new-car purchase to be American-made. Those who don’t comply may lose their jobs, according to the Detroit News.

Hmm. So will they get fired if they buy a Canadian built GM?

I guess they’re all getting camrys?

Wow that really promotes innovation of American car companies to keep up with the foreign cars.

wow. so desperate.

I can see how he thinks he’s helping. But he’s still a huge tool.

Warren has the GM tech center as well so it really doesn’t matter where it is built as long as it is a GM you are helping his city.

Communism seems to be doing OK for China…

X…

I wonder how many things in that guys office were made in China.

thats just ignorant

let ford/gm go bankrupt! if they dont know how to properly run a business, make a profit and be able to pay their employees what they deserve ( not 3x what they deserve) then they rightfully should close down.

Let honda, toyota, mitsu, nissan BMW volkswagen…SOMEONE take them over and turn the company around.

Detroit is desperate.
Michigan may go bankrupt. Not really but the whole state is hurting big time.

MI is real close to a major financial collapse so they need to get their shit together, this is probably not the way to do it though

I like it. As a community leader, you should actively be supporting your community. How much of the tax revenue for that area, and those salaries come out of the offices of the big 3?

^Not just tax revenue but everything.
There aren’t too many companies in MI that don’t live off of the big three.
From pizzas to preschools, just about all of the money comes from the big three.
All of the eggs in MI are in one basket.

You can’t order your employees what type of car to buy.

If one of them was actually fired for buying an import, can you imagine how big the lawsuit would be?:clap:

Seriously…

I know, and I doubt he would ever get to that point. It’s similar to working at a Chevy plant and driving something else…

if you show up to the Powertrain plant to work there in something other than a GM they usually key the car or slash the tires, and that’s not a joke.

Never heard of Unions have you? These companies aren’t able to move too much right now…

They might try to sue but they won’t win. This is not New York.

It is fire at will.
If I don’t like your shoes I can fire you.

You can’t fire people for their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or handicap status, but really other than that it is fair game.

Now throw a Union into the mix and it is a whole different story in MI.

Well Chevy plant is different.
They just have to park 1/2 mile away in a different lot here.