buying a car out of state

i have made a purchase and need to go pick up my “item” in Ohio where its located. the guy selling it said that the title needs to be Notarized when it gets signed over to me.

first off, im totally clueless about this whole notarizing the title at the time of sale thing, so if someone could clue me in on that, i would appreciate it.

second, to confuse me even more, the seller said he didnt think that the title would have to be notarized since i will be registering the thing and re-titling it in New York.

If anyone has any experience with something like this, your input would be appreciated. I dont want to go to Ohio to pick this up, then get home and find out i need to go BACK to Ohio to have the title notarized. I am checking out the Ohio DMV website, but its not getting me anywhere fast.

maybe just maybe you should of figured these things out before you bought it

well since people buy cars out of state all the time, im sure theres a very simple solution to this. i just want to make sure to do it right the first time.

Sounds like its on his end?

http://www.co.portage.oh.us/autotitlegeneralinfo.htm

oh boy what are you getting now? a simi? also wheres the poll?

word i was wondering the same thing…and i also agree this should have been done before the purchase. seems like an impulse buy to me? to each his own i guess…

you must get the title notarized, otherwise u cant register the car.

The title must be signed over in accordance with the law where u bought the car, not where u are registering it.

when u get there, you both must go to a notary and they will notarize it when u sign it over.

he was looking at fox bodies

Basically just go to whatever bank the previous owner frequents, they probably know him by name their, and they will do the notary. Its just a stamp, but you might as well get it if you are unsure. Couldn’t take more than 10 minutes from waiting for teller to leaving the bank.

Definitely get it notarized. I had to deal with this, don’t fuck around with it.

its a black mustang hatch, isnt it?

and yes, get it notarized

oh, just maybe.

OT i saw you pulling out of Mighty as i was pulling in last night.

finally pick up a dump truck as a DD like i’ve been telling you to?

please say it’s 5spd and miles are low and you’ll post pics when you get it :tup:

meh i just bought a car from VA and didn’t look up there laws at all, i had the title overnighted to me, i signed it and went to the dmv. it’s currently registered now.

I think this has been covered before too. Good luck Mike.

Virginia has different laws than Ohio. Mike will have to go to a notary when he gets there.

nm wrong forum

i hope its a foxbody

i’ll post up about it when i get it.