buying a jetta 1995...with some mods

Whats your take its like 100 some k miles ( no more then 130k )

for $2,300.?

buy or no buy?

uh more info is needed k thanks

like what mods and such

brandon, try to list more details.

my word of advice it stay away from VW

hahaa, its a vw jetta GLX pretty fresh 130k on it…needs inspected for 2500 thats all.

GLX is going to be a VR6, and with 130K, if the mtse wasn’t done and done properly that thing is going to be a money pit of biblical proportions. Also, the trannys are weeeeeak on those…

VW = no buy

“biblical, what do you mean biblical?”
“seas boiling, the dead rising from the grave! dogs and cats, living together, mass hysteria!!!”

sorry, i had to throw that in there…i hope someone knows where its from

maybe… but it’ll definately part the seas of your wallet.

stay away

take that as advice. this is a person who owns a VW and will prob become a former VW owner in the future

too many odd ball tools required to work on them IMO… i’d pass. if its only 2300 bucks, something’s telling me you’re going to be turning a wrench on it sooner rather than later. why buy a car that youre going to have to invest as much in tools as in maintenance parts?

Timing chains been replaced?

Bill Murray, Ghost Busters.:rofl:

thankyou!!! i was hoping someone would get it

i don’t have a vr6, i just have the 4cyl. but mine has been great. i bought it 8yrs ago with 30k and it now has 108k. i’ve replaced one starter and one alternator. the trannys been replaced 3 times, 2 times because the dealer(sendell) sucks i’m gonna be selling it soon though. i need a truck

you need a truck buy my suburban!

<3 my 98, but just like eurodad I have the 2.0…
Same thing, in a way, I’ve done the clutch twice.
Maybe because I can’t drive? Who knows.
Anyways, I haven’t had much of any problems besides regular maintenance because it has 118K miles on it. Obvious things like filters and belts n shit, and now the suspension has gone to hell but other then that it’s treated me well over the last 60K miles that I’ve been the owner.
As for it being a money pit?
Not so much.
Proper care saves you a shit-ton of money, but then again, who knows what this guy has done to it, right?

Oh and once again, more info.
Mods can mean all kinds of things…

i need a TRUCK not a stationwagon. we already have one of them. chevy trailblazer ext.

i need a truck to pull a 30ft travel trailer and haul my motorcycle in the bed

my car has had a chip, stainless exhaust, lightweight flywheel, short shifter, cone filter, lowering springs and shocks, for the last 60k and and i also pull a small trailer with it on occasion. i also run it hard, theres definately no cobwebs or carbon built up in it. lol