Buying out of state

i have a question. when i buy a car, its gonna be titled under both mine and my moms name. the loan will be in my name. the insurance will be under her first, then me listed second. im looking into possibly setting up to look at a car in New York. if i did buy it, would my mom have to go with me to go and get it? i know for a fact she isnt gonna drive w/ me for 6 hours to get a car. so is there any way i can go up, buy it, do whatever paperwork to get it home, then do whatever else here locally? if not, it sorta limits me to cars that r really close and i’m havin a hard time finding anything really close, but alot of nice ones within the 2-5hr driving range.

first off, tell us what your gonna buy :slight_smile:

no,he just has to sign as seller & print as seller .hand u the title,then here in pa u & mommy will have to see a notary

if your driving it back…you’ll have to take proof if insurance & an out-of-state DL license (which you’ll have) to the DMV.

They can give you a temporary travelers registration…it only lasts a few days.

when i bought out of state, i just printed up a bill of sale (i can email you if you want, i’d just have to find it) that states the condition, price, milage, vin, and sellers info… then have them sign the sellers part of the title and you can register it in PA without anyone… they jsut have to physically see the car to match the vin

it’s a lot easier to buy out of state IMO

ya thatd be cool if u want to email me anything about doin this. ah665@yahoo.com
im gonna call today and make sure the car is still available. Shelby, its a C5.