Buying parts from japan

Hey. Didnt know where i should post this but i am wondering if anyone has bought parts from japan and had them sent over here? I just ordered a few parts and am wondering what kinda fees are going to come along with it?

Thanks, Chris

You’ll probably have Customs fees and duty. I’ve had items shipped via EMS, it’s dependent on the declared value of the goods.

Depends what the value of it is. I got a turbo which was about 250 and charges were 30 bucks at the post office. Also a digital climate control for 50 bucks and charges were about 10. I also bought something worth 80 dollars from the states and fees were 20 fucking dollars. UPS is utter bullshit, avoid them at all costs.

I had a $150 car part shipped up from the US and when I got it I had to pay an aditional $50 !!!

You get taxed more on car parts I heard.
If you have them label the package as a gift you will greatly reduce your border fees!

I had my powerfc shipped from Japan and it cost me like $25. I also had a couple of other boxes shipped from there and they were here in days and cost me under $30. I actually prefer to buy stuff from Japan instead of getting raped by the Americans.

I have been getting alot of boxes lately from Japan and some arent even charged by customs and some are and have come out to be alot of $$ in fees … it is hit and miss…

OK cool. Sounds good. Thanks for the replys. I bought front and rear cusco strut tower bars for a dam good deal that i couldnt pass up