C5 corvette for < 10,000 or C6 corvette for <20,000

I’m looking to move on from the fbody to another project. I’m in the market for a C5 or C6, any condition or mileage really, but must be MT, got sick of the 4l60e in the Camaro. Any mods would be a plus. Post up if you have or come across anything.

I’m in the same boat

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?242365-2000-Chevorlet-Corvette-6-speed-manual-365-whp-13300

Hes checking it out today.

You will be hard pressed to find one in the spring/summer under 11. Those prices are late late fall types of deals

This. Locally the prices are over what KBB and NADA says in the spring.

I know of an 01 6spd convertible with 13K on it that may be for sale soon, but the price is going to be much higher than you are looking, probably mid to upper $20k’s

Hope they have good luck with that :lol:

I bought angryhero’s, he dropped it off today.

what are you doing with the f-body?

:tup: i like the navy blue.

Miles are EVERYTHING on corvettes. With only 13K on the ODO it’ll get that price.

Two generations behind? :tif:

^^ @Freek agreed. anything you know about how much cars are worth do not apply with vettes
SOME nerd will ALWAYS buy them for too much. look at those shitty 70s/early80s c3s, they blow, should be worth like $1400, and some asshole will pay over 10k because he thinks its “the tits.”
i mean, good for vette owners, can always get your dollars worth out of them…and i think if OP finds one near 10k its going to be half totaled with 200k on it

This 100%. If I didn’t know I wouldn’t believe it. Its the middle of winter with no sign on it and I still have guys knocking on my door asking if mine is for sale.

yeah, I’ve been casually shopping for C6 cars for 6 months now and there is no logic to the pricing at all. It’s all about being in the right place at the right time… I’ve notices more than a few cases of people asking too much and then one say saying F-it! and dropping $6k off and selling the car.

lol sounds like the e36 m3 and 996 market

seriously, e36 m3 seem to float between 7500 and 12000 back and forth depending on if they’re cool again or not.

its hard to believe i had such a hard time finding a buyer for mine

Undecided. I would REALLY like to keep it and finish it up the way I envisioned - 5.3, up the boost, drop in the built 4l60e, but it’s been an expensive few months with a home purchase, so I’m leaning towards dumping it off. I have it listed in a few different places for 6500.

stupid time of the year to sell, wait another 6-8 weeks and get 30% more

I finally sold my trans am