CA18DET or KA24DET

Ive got a CA18DET needing a rebuild and a KA24DE that has mint compression but might fully build anyway.

Looking to run standalone EMS in either situation.

the car is being setup for daily driving, drifting NOT DRAG.

Which path do you suggest i take?

Looking to make 300rwhp daily map, 350-400rwhp for racing map!

Try to factor all things such as: cost, reliability, availibility, etc.

Also if you guys have any suggestions of what parts i should get,experiences or anything else you’d like to add plz do.

if u end up not wanting the CA
theres a part or two i need off of it if you are going to part it out

Its an good engine, but will take alot of work and alot of psi to bring it up to the 300 daily, 400hp whenever state.

If you want 300whp, KA dude. You would have to put way too much money into a CA to make that power. And on the plus side you will make alot more torque.

That aside, you don’t need 300whp to drift. The CA will serve you fine for quite some time. You can easily make 220whp with a simple rebuild of the CA…add a T28 and turn up the boost.

But since you tell me you already have a running KA with good compression. I would boost that and if it goes rebuild it or get another for few hundered bucks.

Andrew.

awsome guys keep the suggestions commin!!!

350-400 hp is quite the goal to attain
Id say your best bet out of the two would be the KA with reinforced internals.
You ever think about a sr?
With hp like that you might lose reliablity for the engine to be a daily driver unless you properly build it up without cutting any corners.

In my opinion i would go either the Ka-t (easy to find parts, lots of torque)
Or get an sr20det and mabee put a gt28 or t3/t4 hybrid. You can get a redtop for a good price, and ive seen t3/t4’s in good cond go for $500+.
Whatever you decide to do goodluck , and keep us updated.

Yea im leaning towards KA since i have one in my car already and another spare one…

I hear good things about the boostdesigns.com turbo kits, maybe a stage 2-3 might be worth considering, or at least getting ideas.

yea boost designs kits look damn nice i would totally get one

but im going to start off fabbing up 1 myself out of ghetto turbo parts i got lying around

then i will either invest in somthing nice or make a mint 1.

but totally BD kits are one of the nicest i have seen on the net.

I don’t like buying pre-made kits myself. I’d rather do the work myself. But yes if you want to buy a kit, BD is the way to go.