hp upgrade

hey guys i’ve been looking to make more horsepower on my 240 so i can hold on to my drifts longer!
im runnin the ka24de right now and always wanted to get an sr20 for more power but i happened to find a video on youtube from rene motorsports / cxracing.com that have a direct bolt on turbo kit for the ka thats supposedly gives you 230 hp with a stock engine at 7 psi
just wondering if anybody knows anybody with a setup like that or similar to it and if its any good

I meant the ka24e is what I got my bad ha

I think ADAM ran a KA24E-T in his race car before going LS1

decals = +10 hp
spray painted breaks= +15 hp
cut springs= =10 tq

how “mint” is your motor? im guessing 200,000++
if so maybe not a good idea…
ask yourself a couple questions
how much for the kit?
does it include everything/if not how much for the other stuff?
whats the quality?
is the car going to be reliable?
(i grabbed that cxracing cold air for sr it was good quality but then again it was tubing so…?)
at the end of the day ka-T is good but has to be done PROPER.
personally high comp sohc is what i always liked
its better to do it right the first time

i would only do it if the motor has less then 200k on it and good comp like frankduxx said. i just recently went ka-t so far so good. but one thing to remember is that the overall stuff you have to buy will add up pretty fast. i bought a lot of used stuff and some new stuff but i spent over 1.5k. and thats probably an underestimate. You gotta get:
injectors (sr maybe)
walbro fuel pump
downpipe
elbow
turbo
oil lines
intercooler/piping
bov
theres prolly more, and of course the tuning.

ka-t.org

do some research

I’m still setting up my ka-t but the most important thing to get when running one is having a good tune. Do your research, I spent over 2k on mostly used parts. That and it’s very time consuming consuming of you went the route I did.

Yea I got over 200k apparently the kit from cxracing comes with everything to boost it at 7psi on a completly stock engine…I don’t know…I found somethin on here a guy had bought one off ebay from cxracing and had issues with it…

check your motor’s compression more important than mileage really… one of the previous record holders on a stock block had 200,000 ka-t… ran 400whp (it’s all been beaten since we’re talking years ago).

That being said you’ll get as much as you pay… fast+reliable will always cost more and the rest is a balancing act. You’ll always want more, you’ll always end up paying more… sincere advice… think things through accordingly.

As mentioned go on that kat forum, going from a kat, the logical step is you’ll want a v8, it never ends. Not alot of KA fans on this forum, most are too much into SRs… and i dont blame them i mean for cheap thrills 250whp is easily achievable and ull be losing slightly weight vs gaining some more with the ka-t setup, but u always have to make compromises…

What I’m basically trying to say is, cheap = you’ll pay later, do it right = pay more, want more = pay even more

sr20 hands down the most economical, reliable way too go

everybody has them, but fuck it

Alright thanks guys! I appreciate it

I’m completing my sr swap as we speak, but even still I know a KA-T setup has more output per psi of boost and more torque… no replacement for displacement lol.

Either way, SR is straight to the point as drop in and go option with better mileage too but to each their own, KA-T or SR or whatever, get it done right and they’ll definitely help you with the drifts and thrills :slight_smile:

i just like sr20 better then kat just because i can go around and say

“I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JDM YO!”

^^^ lol

Im usdm boii!

ka-t’s are cool, but in reality you cant deny the sr, more power, Far more reliable (vs ka-t), and significantly better gas milage, at least for me anyways, i was building a ka-t and easily spent over 1000 gathering parts for it, and still would have had to spend another 500+ on tuning ect, sr is the way to go, theres a reason why everybody has them, just my .02

^ hows the sr20 and gt28 turbo you bought?