Budget Ka-t (possible Re Post)

bought this issue and came across the internet equivalent on how to boost a ka from 120 to 220/300hp for about $1500

here is the link

plus one from KOLLO

http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6263

actually this one gives you the places to acquire what you need

like I said a possible re-post ( never even checked) however extremely useful for the ka purist that can do 1500 rather than the 3-4G’$ for a kit

lol theres alot of info on cheap KAT’s just goto KA-T.org and you will find alot of setups.

BEST ONE OUT THERE
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6263

cool:) thanks for the added info guys

kollo I added ur link and accredited you for it I saw it inthe past but the one that stood out was the SCC issue> reason for this post anyway much respect to you

i was once looking into that stuff a buddy of mine helped me out and we found that in the topic board from ka-t if anyone wants to do a ka-t that is by far the best thing to see it gives you all the details in depth cheers boys

john

lol, that’s what i’m using as a guideline for my KA-T build-up, i’ve got it priced out at $3265 new, buuuut, i already knocked about 1000 off of that buying a few used parts in good shape, my goal is to build a 2-250HP drag car for $3000

best one is the one called the budget ka-t aka using all STOCK sr parts except the manifold

sr injectors , sr t25, sr lines, sr stock dp,sr stock elbow, sr smic and piping
all u need extra is a tuning device or fmu and the ka24de t2 bottom mount manifold. BAM ur done…with 200whp… for under a grand. reliability is in the tune though and where it gets $$$ expensive.

has anyone ever put a turbo on a sohc ka24e?

^yes dont do it there not i good motor to start on

so what makes the de so much better that you can turbo it?

i found DE is a much stronger head. and the fact that its Double over cam, higher rpms. i found the sohc actually lost power after 4500 rpm. Im building a KA-t with all forged internals and the KA24DE has a impressively strong head. youll definitly make more power with the KA24DE then the KA24E no question.