Cage or no cage street car.

Dont do it.

oh shit 10 sec tib here we come

6pt… no halo

i am going to be rocking a 15+ point cage. But that is because i want to jump it and such.

I am trying to keep the cars weight down…so adding a cage is meh

I was just having this cage vs no cage debate at work wanted to see what the boards thoughts were.

ive been debating a 4 or 6pt for sometiime now. its a big decision. for now, i will push my luck…without one. someday…maybe

technically i require a 10pt as of last year. no way in hell thats happening

at what point are you required to get a cage…and at what point are you required a 10pt vs a 6pt etc.

Give me the full cage, give me the harnesses. It provides safety and ties the car together. Ive been wanting to get it in my car for years, its good to finally be doing it. Watching cars get ansy at 170 in Orlando only reinforced that fact.

11.49 / 9.99 Not to mention all of the other safety equipment that goes along with those levels.

not to go OT but I belive NHRA is going back to 11.99 this year.

10 pt is required at 9.9 or over 135 mph…HAH…nope

I was thinking of gettin one for my car when I throw in the new engine. the “just in case” factor. T-Tops + rollover = instadeath.

Where are you driving your car that you are worried about a roll over?

i have a street car and i plan on a cage. only a six point tho and no halo sense i drive it on the street

I just had the harness discussion with Paul(Nytrus) the other day. I dont believe harnesses are DOT approved. i realize they are sfi, but i think anything used in a passenger vehicle is required to have dot markings. Those clear light lenses are not all DOT approved which is why they dont technically pass NYSI. I’ll have to look into this further

My car is going to be driven on the street regularly and I also plan to see quite a bit of track time so I decided on an 8-point roll bar for added stiffness and safety.

Mike, he doesn’t have common sense, he listens to metallica

I am putting a 8pt bar in my mustang. I need it at the track, and I like the added safety. Never thought about the cop thing though

Didn’t we have this “cage or no cage on streetcars” discussion already? Rollcage in street car = bad idea.

i guess i won’t be tracking mine much as i don’t want to put in a cage. consdiering 11.99’s will be done so easy this year…maybe even a 10.

patty manaze… you will be fine. they didnt say shit to me… just try to fly under the radar.

has anyone here actually been booted yet?