Cage legality on Ontario streets

Can anyone point me in the RIGHT direction as to where I can find ACTUAL TRUE facts about the legalities of a cage on Ontario streets?

I’m sick of hearing “Yes, they’re legal”, with minimal to nothing for reference on the back up of this statement. I’ve also heard the opposite and have been told they’re NOT legal with, again no reference to back up the statement.

I DO NOT want to hear banter about why you shouldn’t cage a street driven vehicle or why It’s stupid. I merely need to gather some information and it must be CORRECT information. Do not clutter my shit with useless bashing upon doing it or not doing it. I just simply need a point in the right direction to true and correct statements.

I’ve searched and have yet to conclude my questions, so hopefully someone can provide me with what I need. A link or genuine statement from the government or the HTA would even be nice, but I’ve yet to see the phrase they seem outline about cages.

Thanks,

Mike

well! search GTRC and im pretty DAM sure its been posted.

wat i read was that it is legal as long it does not extend past the sturt towers of the vehicle. but if it ubstructs ur view, u can receive a ticket still …cuz… well that obv.

no need for bashing if im incorrect… cuz we all know sonlings are gonna go on a flame spree!

ill c if i can find the GTRC thread

I hear you need to get a Mosport certification on it, and it’s a special safety to legally allow you to run it. I can not verify it, but this is what I heard when asking around.

Shawn I know which thread your talking about. I had it bookmarked a while ago but have lost it. Definitely let me know on your finding.

is this the thread u guys are looking for?

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=41910&page=2

i think it would be better to have cages on the road. the amount of fucksticks that die form getting squished and rolls would cut alot. on the other hand more idiots not getting wiped out by their own stupidity doesnt sound as good.

Nate, that was one of them but there’s no actual confirmation of what is legal and what isn’t.

Usually when shit rolls over, people dont die… its when people get ejected from a rolling car that they die. Cages in cars with rear passenger seats is a bad idea. you thought cleaning stains out was bad… try brains. In that same sense, anything that passes over your head is no good.

OK OK ppl!!!
got the HTA

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/english/elaws_regs_900611_e.htm#BK6

BOOM!

truly nothing saying u cant have it.

it is to the officer! basicly… dont be an idiot if u have a cage…
and if u read it…it does say nothng must block ur view… soo dont cut in a shittly curved cage…

if somehow u get a ticket for a cage… take it to court… tell them…hey its not in the HTA… and done ur outa there…

if u want to truly now… call MTO… but agian its not in the HTA… so its NOT illegal…

Sorry Shawn but that won’t flow in my books.
I’m looking for a confirmed response. I’ve already looked over the HTA, I needed to…I have a ticket for not having a “Right Hand Drive Vehicle” sticker, that I’m fighting.

Still looking for confirmation. Thanks guys.

call mto? LOL confirm it for allll of us.
truly i dont think there is any other way to find out? dont think anybody actually has called them… ahaha

also BS! sucks. fight that shit!! lol

Martino… no matter what the law your going to get harassed driving that thing on the streets, tell me you have never got a ticket for something that WAS legal in the first place… mufflers are LEGAL, as long as they are not loud… you wont get harassed if they were quiet lol oh well i’ll be doing the same thing lets just hope its good !

Yea, someone confirm this stuff.

I know nothing about laws, otherwise i would.

ok i got two more points to add here:
http://www.mco.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=16&Itemid=19
look down ull c

There are several different classes, but all require a certain level of car preparation, such as five-point seat belts, racing seats, and a full roll-cage. Because the cars must be road-legal, they can be driven to the event,

says u need those thing…(cage) and has to be fully street legal

porsche 911 GT3 RS
STOCK roll cage. legal car…

off to search more!!

^^ the GT3 RS only has a stock roll cage (and in the rear section only) in euro variants. not north american spec.

from what i know… you are not allowed to modify the stock seatbelt anchor locations. so the cage cannot interfere with that. and it cannot interfere with normal seatbelt operation.

youre not going to find anything in the HTA that explicitly outlaws or allows cages.

try checking transport canada regulations.

Chad, that’s the exact reason why I need to find the CORRECT information. For example, I now carry around a print out of the HTA regarding the “Right Hand Drive Sticker”. I got pulled over about a month ago around 2:30am, when I was the only one around - I expected it. Really nice guy, asked about the car, mentioned the exhaust but didn’t complain about it’s excessive noise. After going through a small debate about RHD vehicles I showed him the HTA printout on that charter and he agree’d even though he was uneducated on the point. The lady office who gave me the charge was just flat out rude, which is why I now carry that around.

This goes for the same reasoning behind needing to know the EXACT and CORRECT information about the legality of a caged vehicle on Ontario streets. I like having my bases covered. Even if I were to get hassled for it and get a ticket, I have a great lawyer in the family and as long as it actually is legal than I don’t mind, I have time to spare. I live a student life, I’m up till about 5 in the morning anyways.

Exactly, mike is right, there are many tickets you can get that are not SPECIFIED in the HTA, but there are pretty simple guidelines, if the main hoop of the cage or seat belt bar touches or barely rubs the OEM DOT seat belt, im sure they could say that is unsafe… guys what is the big deal - for the number of you guys that are running WELD in cages, your cars are already off scale of being illegal -

Dear Martino !! lol i will also require a sticker the full length of my backyard… can this be done lol

about the gt3 rs, every one that came into pfaff porsche and pfaff tuning had the cage in them.

hmmm
well im done looking around… somebody call mto tmrw and ask…

ive read about ppl having them saying good luck with insurance… and im not suprised…
but!! as for that insurance thingy…(ive already confirmed this one) EVERY citizen has the right to insurance. and there is a organization (gov organized) that will insure ur vehicle as long as its street legal. ahaha i cant remmeber the name of it… ill remmeber tmrw lol

anyways… personally i would be a lil scared to drive caged daily… ur hit ur head on that and ur done. even with silly padding… ur done. unless u wear a helmet… (is that even legal?) lol an anyways… would be smart to have it all in except removable barrs where u can hit ur head on… so when ur DDing ur not getting ur brains on those nice bars…

I’d be looking at rear cage and door bars. Nothing extending pass me other than the door bars. Also on a note from Mark in his thread - removable door bars.