Calgarian's PLS HELP!

Hello All,
I am in need of a little help regarding my 180sx that is currently stranded in Calgary while I am overseas.
The story goes like this: I sold the car to a “so-called friend” last year - basically he took the car on a loan and never paid for it. Finally got the car back months later, only to find that it no longer runs is missing parts etc. I cant even express how pissed I was, anyway that was a while ago and now, I have accepted it!
I have no idea what the problem with the car is, but now its been sitting for the whole winter, so a flat battery is for sure and the guy that ruined it says it is the resistor that needs replacing, although my friend that is looking after it now says that she cant even push the clutch in to turn the motor over. I just want to get it running again as I am coming back to Calgary this June and its stuck in front of a friends house and she warns me that the street cleaners are coming soon and it needs to be moved.
My friend does’nt know enough about the car to diagnose whats wrong with it, so I was hoping that there might be someone in the NE calgary area that could possibly lend a hand in hopefully getting it started to move it into her alley or just getting it off the street for now.
I hate to ask strangers for help, but I am really strapped for cash and would prefer not to have it towed to a shop, get it fixed while I am away etc. etc. cause I think I should be able to get it going once I get back.
The car is in Temple and just respond to the thread if you think you could help out!
Thanks guys

which engine is in it?

hey its a CA18DET 89 model

i might be able to help you out. i would suggest changing the batter and spark plugs first

There’s the problem.

I’d suggest changing the CA to an SR!

…he-he-he-he…

^^^ well said!

i could come and help you push it…but thats about it…maybeee find out whats wrong but it dpends how bad your friend effd it up

i have an ignitor chip and coil packs for your engine if you want to try that out

thanks alot guys for the responses, i really appreciate it.
not sure if the coil pack and ignitor is what it needs, that would be sweet if its that simple, but like i said being over here unfortunately i cant diagnose it and neither can my friend thats keeping it…
so i will get my friend to put a diff battery in it, for the guys that dont mind taking a look just PM me with your details and I will get Jen to give you a call and hopefully someone can drop by and check it out

thanks again