Caliber SRT-4

From Autoweek

Caliber SRT4, which replaces the Neon-based SRT4 sold from 2003 to 2005, launches the company’s performance small-car formula to a new high. Under the hood (and functional hood scoop to direct cooling air into the engine bay), SRT4 features the first application of a turbocharged version of Chrysler’s global 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine, producing 300 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. It makes 70 more ponies than the 2005 SRT4 (and 85 more than the first 2003 model). Power runs to the 19-inch front wheels via a standard six-speed manual transaxle.

Brakes are borrowed from Chrysler’s big cars like the 300C, with 13.3-inch vented front discs with dual-piston calipers and 11.8-inch single-piston rears. Suspension is lowered about one-half inch compared to a stock Caliber.

SRT folks say all the extra bits translate into these numbers: 0 to 60 mph in 5.9 seconds, sub-14-second quarter-mile times and 60 mph to 0 in 115 feet. All this, while still delivering an estimated 28 mpg on the highway.

“With 300 horsepower under the hood, the Dodge Caliber SRT4 will dominate the sport-compact market,” says George Murphy, Chrysler senior vice president of global marketing.

Caliber SRT4 goes on sale in spring 2007.

Make it all wheel drive and I’ll take it!

protege vibeness

Saw it in person, wasn’t impressed.

To sound like the import guys: interior looked cheap. You could tell that it was meant to replace the Neon.

Exterior looks like a Durango gave birth to it. Ugly momma yields an ugly baby.

So that’s what I’ve been seeing driving around… Dodge caliber eh? I thought it was like a dodge version of the Ford escape.

with a durango front end

srt-4> that ugly thing

y not improve the SRT-4 and possibly make it 2 door or SOMETHING instead of that. I dont care if it ran 11’s stock and was only 20 grand i’d still never consider buying it

Aww, how cute it looks like a Magnum, and Durango got together and had a bastard child. :slight_smile:

wouldent be a bad family whip in black and AWD

:word:

the thing looks like it was born from mismatched parts

the headlights dont have the same shape as the bumper below them, the lower bumper looks like some cobra-r style chinese bodykit, the grill is overpowering in its dodge-ness …

way overdone … they put WAY to much thought into it …

The Nitro looks nice…

i never thought i’d say this, but i’d rather have a neon lol

13.3-inch vented front discs with dual-piston calipers and 11.8-inch single-piston rears.

:eek:

evo platform in a caliber…according to the buffalo dm, there is an AWD version of this coming…

:orly:

any links?

nah, hes just a buddy of mine :shrug:

to be the first mopar guy to responding…nope nope…not havin it

ps. the srt4 is already a haevy car, what the hell is that gunna way?

hmmmm…

<----

:gotme: :smiley: