Caliber SRT-4

fwd is right around 3100 lbs and the awd is around 3400-3500 if i remember correctly

not bad… great price :tup:

they had to make it so cheap to cancel out the ugliness factor so people would still buy it. i think if the front was redone i would actually REALLY like it, im a hatchback guy at heart though, so thats probably why. the back and sides grow on me really fast, but the front is hideous

“With 300 horsepower under the hood, the Dodge Caliber SRT4 will dominate the sport-compact market,” says George Murphy, Chrysler senior vice president of global marketing.

Does Goerge Murphy smoke the crack? Its a great eingine but seriously what person is going to look past the gastly appearence and the curb weight that this thing is no doubt going to have. Again give me the neon any day.

300HP and AWD and ~4000lbs will make it quicker than a VR4…

Not a fan. Kinda ugly if you ask me.

jeez…it’s supposedly replacing a compact car, and it weighs 100 pounds more than my mid-size sedan. :tdown:

:tup: to the engine performance though.

overall, the car needs the Oprah treatment. Facelift and lose a few hundred pounds.

14K has to be for the non SRT4 Caliber.

I don’t think I would want to drive a car that was only 14K with a 300hp Turbo engine…kaboom

well it is chryslers thing to only have one or two generations of their eco car, but that thing is huge… the neon was at least a good handling car from the factory, that thing looks like it will roll over…im not feelin it at all

Its dualing the HHR and XB, they are all ugly, but people buy them, this one now has more power, which means chevy will make a HHR SS

It’s really not a bad car to drive (in it’s base model setup). It came out as an economy car to replace an economy car. From what I know, it will be available in an AWD platform as well.

Some things I didn’t like on the one that I drove, was the fact that EVERYTHING in the car is plastic, even the interor of the door, not a touch of the common vinyl or padding on it. And it isn’t the hottest looking car on the market by far. But overall it wasn’t a bad car to drive and I’d love to see how the SRT-4 performs. I doubt it will be as bad as everyone thinks.

So you’re essentially in a Sterilite tub? How is that an improvement over the Neon>

rofl @ “oprah treatment”. in all honestely, they DO need to shave some weight and chances are the look of the front is going to hinder the sales they are expecting, and they will be forced to re-design it again for next year. i would like to see how it performs, but being so heavy they are really going to have to impress the shit outta me to respect that bastard child of a dodge.

I never said it was an overall improvement over the neon. I really like the look of the neons (even bought one as a DD). My guess, is that Dodge ran out of ideas to make the Neon different, and changed it up a bit. I’m sure the SRT-4 will have subtle differences that make it better than the base model.

But, yes, it is like driving in a sterilite tub, lol.

And for everyone else, if you don’t like the look of this SRT-4, wait till you see the regular versions. They lack the nice wheels and ground effects, making it even less attractive. I however, don’t think the SRT-4 version looks that bad IMHO.

from the front shot it looks good but the rest of it made me throw up in my mouth

Nothing says dominating sport performance like an SUV on 19s. What were they thinking? Neon > Magnum-Durango any day of the week.

ok i have 2 people on another board telling me that the awd one will have the evo x motor in it? why am i finding that really hard to beleive? any truth to this?

i told you that before :gotme:

and thats from the buffalo dm for dcx…

no differences at all? i can’t see that really being good for mitsu?

Please tell me you’re kidding. Please oh please…