California...

Never been to California but this morning I booked my tickets for an 11 day trip in August. My cousin is getting married and the wedding will be in Lake Tahoe. So I’m making a big vacation out of it in an effort to see as much as possible while I’m out there.

So, I’ll tackle SF…Tahoe…SF…LA…SD…then back to Buf:( I’ll have a few days in each area…what are some areas I MUST see??? I’d definitely like to see the Redwoods while in Northern CA…and I figure my friend in LA will know the ropes around there and my cousin can set me straight in SD…if you’ve been there, hook me up with where to go:)

I don’t know if it’s near where you’ll be, but I’ve always wanted to go for a cruise on the Pacific Coast Highway.

i’m heading to cali tonight. I’ll be going to the Sanfrancisco region (to visit my boyfriend) and then to Napa Valley for the weekend.

You seem to act like california isn’t a big state. San Fran and San Diego are an 8hr drive from eachother. The things you have mentioned are on opposite ends of the state.

$50 one way flight between SF and LA will cover that end of the problem:)

I’m flying into SF and out of LA.

Do they still let you tour Alcatrez? My thoughts were no…

If your going to be touristy, then def the Hollywood sign, Rodeo Drive, and all the other famous drives out there. Make a trip to the playboy mansion, you can actually google map it. Um I dunno I am always terrible with planning trips. Although one thing I’ve wanted to see is Red Woods, and how big they truly are.

Oh and one other thing, while in SD call Ron Burgendy he knows the city very well and could give you a whales vagina of a good time.

Tahoe… my dad went there for business and the pictures were amazing… check out the prices of houses there… $$$$$$$$ but beautiful.

I’m from Cali, and went to college at Berkeley (right across the Bay from San Fran).

San Franciscio: Hit up Alcatraz (they were still doing tours up until a year ago when I left), Fishermans Wharf and Chinatown (you can even find the original shop where fortune cookies originated, or at least so I’m told. I’ve been there, but I don’t know if I REALLY believe they all started there). Hell, just walk around downtown and take in all the crazy big companies and hilly roads. Also, if you are feeling adventurous enough to drive the city (I would highly suggest against it your first time out), go to Vermont Ave between 22nd and 23rd… it’s considered the “cookedest street” in the nation. Or, go to Filbert between Hyde and Leavenworth, which is considered the steepest street at something like 33 degrees. People also like to go to Lombard Street, which is also very curvy. If you are homophobic, stay out of all bars/clubs. Most are gay-oriented (I always had a blast in them, but then again, I’m female).

LA: All your standard trendy areas… but try to going to REAL downtown LA. See if you can find the window washer guy with no legs and one arm on a skateboard. He scared the hell out of me when I was younger. Also, eat at an In 'n Out burger, and make sure to get fries. Best food you’ll ever have. Also, check out the beach… Huntington is the standard, or go down to the pier.

San Diego: Don’t know much touristy stuff here. Just remember what they say… there are no virgins in San Diego.

Have fun :slight_smile:

I have heard nothing but great stuff… Moving to SD Cali June 5th… post some pics when you get back

i was in SD for like 2 weeks (hypeville lives there, im sure ytou can pm him) i dont know if i really went to all the real touristy places but i had fun.
coronado island was pretty cool, as were pacific beach and mission beach (lots of little shops and stuff in those areas) downtown was sweet, theres this resturant called pokez (http://www.pokezsd.com/) its downtown, and had to be like the best mexican food i had while i was there and it was very reasonable, thats one place i would def recomend for like lunch one day.
we also went to mission trails like 3 times, these are east of the city, near la mese but it was a nice hike, took us like an hour to reach the top of cowels pk and the view was pretty cool (http://www.mtrp.org/trail_map.asp)
we also went to the la jolla caves but never really made it to the cave, we just went to the cove, but it was pretty sweet, we stayed in one small area but i guess theres a ton to do along there that we never like made it to. other than that idk we went to TJ one night, idk if youd be doing that but it was a good time. thats plretty much it other then some pretty sweet parties we went to with hypeville. im sure him or rich with chime in here…

Good stuff everyone! Thanks for the advices…I’ll keep them in mind:)

:wave:

pokez.

I forgot about that crookedest road. FTW!! My stepdad said it’s a blast.

idk if youll have any kind of cool car or anything but heres this…

http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm

Wow those look great

Holy hell…I can already tell I’m going to never come back from that place once I visit.

lol yup…

i just booked my tix to sd today. im going in june to chill with an old friend from highschool so this thread is helpful to me as well.

kyle, we already talked quick but i will be in touch closer to when i leave.

kyle, ill be booking my ticket for august soon. rates are so good, only like 120 for the ticket. haha

siiiiick. might as well start the…book your flight to anders circle thread, lol.