Calling in the engine Gurus

I decided to keep the engine from that parts Ram I picked up and I want to slowly build it up over the next few years so when I can start building up a new buggy / crawler, I’ll already have the engine for it. Its currently the 5.9L 360 and I was thinking about possibly going to a 390 stroker or 408. Engines are really not my forte so I’m looking for some advice/opinions on what some of the best parts are and what some recommendations are for parts to put in it and what I will need. I build compressors all day long so when it comes to building it and assembling it all I’ll be ok, its just the compatibility of parts, etc that I need the help with.
All info / opinions / advice / recommendations are welcome.
Thanks

Kenny

I’m not even sure if we have any Dodge guru’s here.

Stick to major brands and don’t try anything new, those engines have been tinkered with enough for everyone else to learn on mistakes of others.

It’s pretty straight forward as far as building however no?

if you want Mopar advice go to AlbanyUnderground. there are a few Mopar guys there. but im sure a .060" oversize, a healthy cam, and a set of heads would be more than enough

yea, I don’t need anything huge… its going to be a buggy/crawler, not a race car. I just want to obtain a healthy amount of low end torque. And this will hopefully be mated to an Alison Trans. (I believe advanced adapters makes the adapter for it… I have to double check) so I don’t have to worry about the ugly chrysler tranny going out on me… lol.

And what the hell is the site for AUG? I haven’t been on there in forever and now I can’t find it. PM me if its something that doesn’t want to be shared openly.
Edit: Nvmd, I got it.

Sell the Dodge junk and buy a Chevy 350.
Much cheaper to build a 350 than anything Mopar.

i.i.r.c those blocks are thin and not to strong . honestly better off sellin it and scoopin a 383 out of a 70,s era car . the oil return would clog up , burn oil , weak bottem ends , the list goes on and on man

+1

HEY

who called me?

yeah i have alot of those engines in vans at work and wouldnt recommend them. The water pump’s and ingition coil’s go bad all of the time, they also like to eat oil. and have intake gasket issues as well.

I’ve had the same motor in both my Jeep and my truck for at least 6 years now and both have never once let me down. My 5.2 in the Jeep finally went at around 250k and the previous owner never changed the oil (first oil changed when I owned it was quite the scary sight). I put the 360 in it and had that for about 5 years and never had to do the coil, never had a water pump issue. Same goes for my truck. Either way I will probably rebuild this one because I’d be lucky to get $100 right now (unknown mileage, unknown condition).

The intake issues I will agree with. The plunums are very notorious for going bad due to the different metals (one cast, one aluminum) and different expansion rates. However Hughes makes a kit that completely fixes the issue for good.