callout speedped79 and anyone else high 12's

I hear Cobalts aint too shabby.

Oh…and to the F-body guy(s) that wanna run…Prolly this week or weekend. Just need to get my new flexplate in.

I can’t see selling a car you’ve done major transplants in.Like a motor,trans swap.

But hey it’s your car.

Why not keep it an buy a $300-500 DD.Drive the piss out of it.If you find one and drive it all summer than you got your moneys worth.

Anyway,Back on topic.Is the Camaro running good enough to make a run?

not really i havent been able to finish tuning it and now theres something making noise i have to locate, ill pm you when/if its ready

If its a fresh engine that wasnt spun on a dyno… I dont think you should be doing ANY racing for a few hundred miles. Not to ~break in bearing~ seat valve~ or rings blah…but, just to see if anything works itself loose (like a rocker or pushrod)…Just fix it and take it easy for a good long while. Make sure everythings stays working THEN have fun with it.
I’ve been there.

the motor wasnt fresh, the shortblock had 45k on it and ii out a set of built 882 heads on it with some roller rockers new timing chain, and some other stuff

I admit, I usually pick on you like everyone else but, you remind me (a tiny…TINY bit) of how I was when I was younger. Don’t race anyone! Not till your shit is figured out. You’re either going to lose or break shit…whats the sense? You might have even spun a rod bearing. Go through and redo ALL your lifter preloads. give a cinch to the intake manifold bolts and the carb bolts/studs. Keep things on the rich side. Just take your time.

Is this the Chevelle you raced?
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/car/739235496.html

no, the one i raced was a stick shift 454 4spd car

yes rod bearign is spun

B-I-ngo…been there too my little friend. Live and learn. Take small steps and take your time next time. Hell, it wont be the last time anyways.

just because its having problems your going to just sell it off… oh well if you actually want an iroc that runs quicker let me know im selling the 89

how much?

anyone else find it convenient that as soon as he gets called out the car suffers catastrophic mechanical failure?

Why does everyone batter this guy again?(missed the start of the whole thing) Is he the kitted neon bleacher seat guy “drifting” through underpasses??

Ps. thats a sick vid fknlol

no hes this guy-

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51855

If that thread had bullets for all the “facts” or w/e it would be a mile long. Does he know what hes doing? lol?

ya i know not to rev a not built bottem end to 6000 rpm roller or not, thats ok next year it will be all forged, roller and a big cam =]

You can rev. a “not built” bottom end to 7000. Just that the odds are not in your favor. :wink: