camping at allegany???

does anyone have numbers of places to call for campiing reservations (tents) looking to do it next weekend but theres like a million different areas. so like any suggestions of places to go or numbers to call or websites to go to would be great.

i want like 3 or 4 sites next to eachother. (depending on the number of ppl allowed on each site)

you really need to get reservations very very far in advance

and if you want three sites next to each other… like 90+ days in advance… I would think of another idea or another place

Reserve America

I doubt you will find much if anything

so no luck for getting places next to eachother? like even 2?

try high banks, http://www.highbankscamping.com

Went there a few weeks ago, all in all not too shabby

Willow Bay on the reservoir (near Bradford, PA) is sweet. Most of the sites are on the reservoir and each have their own little section of beach (rocks and dirt but still cool).

As far as getting 3 sites next to each other, I dunno. We’ve never had problems getting a good site when we just show up on Friday night or Sat morning, but thats just for 1 site.

I have been goin to allegany in August for 7 days for about 6yrs now. We get 5 cabins. In order to do so we have to reserve them in December.

[quote=“izhazissuez,post:5,topic:33126"”]

try high banks, http://www.highbankscamping.com

Went there a few weeks ago, all in all not too shabby

[/quote]

it looks like this isnt actualy in th park tho, which i think id prefer.

You might be able to score to tent sites on quaker side at allegany. check the reserve america site, they can tell you.

But, red house side is 100x better.

Been going there for the last 19 years in cabins and tents. Been there once this year and going again intwo weeks. Never get sick of it. :slight_smile:

PA side on the reservoir > NY side

view from campsite at Willow Bay

i’ll be heading down there in a few weeks. not sure where we’re camping at, but i think we’re gonna need 2 campsites. hopefully we can get em =o

I had to book campsites like 2 months ago, to go Aug 9- 13. If you go during the week it would be easier to get sites.

Me and the fiance are looking to go camping with another couple on August 24thth thru August 26th.

I saw availability at Allegheny at Cain Hollow Loops A.

Never camped there before, and we were hoping for something sort of away from other sites. Does anyone have experience with camping at those areas?

Letchworth is being considered as well as a possibility.

Andy we should just camp at the Langford Tractor Pull

hahaha I went to that years ago. Do they still sell whole 12 packs of Genny to drink in the stands? :lol:

Before I book the site tonite, anyone have experience with the Cain Hollow Loop A for tent camping? Also have the option for a site along the creek/river at Rehouse Tent area.

The Redhouse tent area is a few bucks cheaper, yet looks like the sites are closer together.

I am unfamiliar with Allegany. Does anyone have experience or know which camp area is nicer? Privacy and seclusion is important.

If you want privacy and seclusion go backpacking :tspry:

Most of the tent site areas’ sites are relatively close to each other (25-75ft), so its not like you arent going to see your neighbors, unless some sites are empty. I’ve only camped on the PA side though. Used to mountain bike in NY by Red House and always thought the area was kinda meh.

I don’t know for sure or if this applies to all the sites but I’ve heard that the quaker tents area is basically a field and it kinda sucks. I have stayed in the redhouse area and besides loop A which is open its mostly wooded If my memory is working tonight. I think we stayed in loop A somewhere around 37 and it was decent, that side has more woods. Redhouse is pretty nice and theres more to do close by, privacy is hard to come by anywhere though.

Adirondacks > *

f that. check out algonquin provincial park in canada.

Just got back from there, it was incredible