Can am Spyder, thinking about gettting one.

I think I am going to purchase one, for a grad gift for myself (MBA). I stopped out to Ken’s the other day and took one for a ride. I must say it is a nice riding machine. Anyone else have any intrests on these machines?

are they quick or what?

i heard they get squirly at speed

not a fan, but to each their own.

The only 3 wheeled vehicle I would ever consider would be the t-rex.

test rode one at pioneer motorsports…its kinda weird, you wanna ride it like a bike, but it handles like a snowmobile

ehh, both are gay but thats just my opinion.

go for it

just man up and get a t-rex

I don’t like them. I wouldn’t want to push that thing too far. It would just keep me wanting more all the time and be frustrating.

Just get a bike.

how does it corner? I would imagine you"d have to ride it like a newer snomobile-as mentioned above.

yes, it was pretty peppy

i had it up to 90, didnt feel bad. but i wouldnt push it more then that anyways.

rode in one. wasnt what i need.

yes, i could see how a “true” sport bike rider would feel the need to push it and wouldnt get the feed back they wanted. I want something i can take out when the roads are “salty/ dirty”

yes, it did feel like sled, w/out a front break it felt “different”.

the reason why i looked into them was:

1. didnt want sport bike ( had them )
  2. didnt want a cruiser ( had them )
  3. wanted a dualsport ( havent had one )
  4. wanted the new BMW dualsport ( yes, the spyder is almost the same price point )
  5. wanted something “different” then the bikes mentioned above
  6. needed something the wife “could” drive ( with out her having the feeling that if she tipped it over, i wouldnt allow her to leave the house )

so i looked into them, still havent made a purchase yet. some of the downsides that i have thought about ( and i havent had a bunch of time lately to think about it… ie hospital tread ) is the PRICE, and the MPG’s the price is 17k and the mpg’s are mid 30’s.

so gay

I took one for a ride at Bucks and its fun and all just not very practical. It was a little scary going around turns at speeds of 30+ wasn’t the fastest thing but it was fun.

Come see me at bucks!
EDIT:
Stock they limiter is set at 110 MPG
They only call for 15 PSI in the front tires so that is what every dealer has to set them at.
They do handle better with more air.
If you get one, stick with an actual TUNED exhaust. Not only the Can-Am Hindle but two brothers makes a few also.
Other than that They cause problems.

So far I have broke 1

no lean, no care :frowning:

they’re silly.

dumb. besides… salty roads normally = freezing cold temps… buy a car if you want fun on salty roads.

Its a lot of money for something designed for 70 yr old bikers or guys who ride harleys’ wives.

i miss you, CTN, i will buy one and pick ur sexy ass up. :naughty:

understood. if the ktm x-bow or yamaha’s new “four wheeler”

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/10/tesseract.jpg

o, btw willy, that was me with josh @dibellas the other day.

LAME!

haha… good times… next time introduce yourself…

In all seriousness, if you’re considering something to have fun in the winter with, i recommend AWD and heated seats. Bikes are no fun in the salt and cold. Even with heated grips, the slightest amount of crap on the road makes tires spin up. Which is unnerving when your out trying to have fun. On that note, a wider rear tire with 2 tires up front for stability might be fun, but for the 18k price tag, I’d look elsewhere. Not to mention, these things arent really that fast from what I hear.

BTw, nice to meet you…