Can anyone recommend a good full-service moving company??

Soooo I’ve been getting quotes from a few different companies and I have to say that it’s pretty tough to know who to trust. Can anyone recommend (for personal experience only plz) some nationwide moving companies to consider.

Price is not always a good indication of the quality of your help but if you could include around how far you moved, what you moved, and how much it cost you that would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance guys.

OOO MMM GGGG?

youre moving? one last tug? Plz?>

yes i’m moving (no on the tug), not until June though.

Daddie, Syclone11(cartman007), BubbleSparkxx, anyone have some insight?

:bump:

HSBC used Allied for me. They were pretty good. Packing took one day (4 1/2 hours) and loading took one day (6 hours). This is for approx 300 boxes, roughly 8000 lbs.

The experience wasn’t too bad. It appears Allied contracts people to move. The boxes they used were good) and only 1 mug and a scanner did not survive the move intact. I am in the midst of filing a claim for the scanner so i’ll let you know how the claim process goes.

The driver provided me with his personal cell number, so when I finally got an apartment, I called him and advised him of where to bring my stuff.

All told, I will never move again without movers, and Allied Moving will be top of my list.

Please keep in mind, I have no idea what the cost of the whole move was, but I wouldn’t be surpised if it was over $8,000.

I think we used Allied too when we moved to FL, i’ll check with my parents though. If it was Allied then they were pretty good :slight_smile:

Okay, my sister just moved to california, she moved her entire stock of clothes dressers everyhting beds etc. We also used Allied. Cost 2500 bucks and it got their in 4 days, one wine glass was cracked, not broken, cracked. Very good company, good mover, they know how to get shit done fast and efficient without breaking shit. I recommend them as well

rent the really big uhaul and do it yourself

fuck yeah…Its a lot cheaper…
It took me 2 1/2 Days to get from Buffalo to Arizona… The Uhaul truck cost me a little over $900 and spent about $600 in gas, motel, and food. <–not to shabby huh,…
so $1500 bux to do it myself is not too bad…This one company (forgot name) quoted me for $4500 bux for everything…Now i say…If you have the money go ahead and have them do it…If not…Do it yourself and save…

p.s. make sure the truck has a radio…lol

Good luck…!

Be fucking careful mike

A friend went through a smaller company, they quoted him something like $2k, so they came, loaded all his shit on the truck, then told him they re-estimated and it would cost him close to $3k. When he said blow me, they charged him to unload the truck, something like $500. Shady as fuck…

if youre going to hire a moving company, go through allied as previously mentioned. They moved my uncle from buffalo to cleveland to detroit to chicago. The did a nice job. Or else, do a u-haul…

Or…

http://www.prewarbuick.com/b472f7e0.jpg

killer responses guys, allied has just moved to the top of my list. :slight_smile: i’ll call today (if they’re open) and get a quote.

we’re really leaning towards a full-service style move at this point. we have some VERY heavy, bulky items (including a 175lb tv, 250lb entertainment center, triple dresser, armoire, sofa, chaise, iron frame coffee/end tables, etc) and i LOATH the thought of trying to move all this stuff down a flight of stairs by myself. :ohnoes: i mean the tv came IN fine (in the box, with handles) but i haven’t a clue how i’d get that big-mother out of there now.

we thought about doing the u-haul idea, selling off all of our bulky oversized items and starting over buying new furniture and things when we get there… but that idea appears less and less likely as the move grows nearer. there’s a few problems that have plagued that idea, primarily:
[A] my fiance can’t find any other furniture that she seems to like.
[B] we’re moving ~750 miles and (most likely) won’t have any extra help.
[C] we didn’t really take into consideration when we were furnishing this apartment that everything here would have to be moved again (yeah i know, stupid right?). had i been thinking about having to move again in 1.5 yrs i DEFINITELY would have scaled back the things we ended up buying.

anyway like i said we are really pretty set on using a moving company at this point. it would be one thing if we were moving across town or even across the sate and we could recruit some free family moving help. it’s entirely enough when it’s essentially just myself, and my fiance.

as of right now i think that i’ll pack most of my clothes, personal items, etc and drive those there myself. then i’ll just let them pack things like our dishes, furnishings and things so that i’m sure that they’re covered by their insurance. as i understand it, if they are moving any boxes that you packed yourself, they aren’t covered. this approach also means that i’ll be (over)paying for boxes and packing materials… but wtf. i’ll be happy if everything makes it there in the same condition i guess.

btw, i’ve heard those type of stories before as well carl. that’s basically exactly what i’d like to avoid, which is why i’m trying to do as much research as possible…