Can I borrow someones studded wheels/tires for 10 minutes?

Long story short, my DD Cavalier is stuck at the bottom of my friends retarded steep driveway that is gravel, and from them driving a dump truck up and down it, is now a total sheet of ice. With a running start, I make it about halfway up, but it begins to slow and then spins. The driveway is maybe 100 feet?

I would really only need them for all of 5 minutes to get up the driveway, then I could take them back off and throw my wheels back on. 4x4 pickup wouldn’t pull it, and neither would their 4x4 F-largeseries dump truck.

Generally I would wait it out, but I’m not sure how long it’s going to take to thaw the stuff out, and the Miata on the DR’s is terrible in the lightest dusting of snow.

Bolt pattern is 5x100 (car is a '96) I think, but if someone had the tires only, I could even have my other friend (Toyota tech) switch them out for me real fast.

Appreciate any help,

Jesse

back up it!

x2

Tried it! It’s really that bad lol.

With any luck it’ll begin to melt here soon. At least enough for some gravel to get through.

Salt & a sledge? :dunno:

Maybe some sand?

Might be faster to find someone with a winch?

I have a set you can have (have to verify that they are 5x100) but how are you going to get them? If the rims aren’t 5x100 you’re welcome to have the 14" tires! Plenty of tread and plenty of stud life left in them!

You might also want to try a winch, stop at Harbor Freight/tractor supply etc and buy a cheap 4 ton “come-a-long” and a pull strap if you need the additional length, park the dump truck at the top and winch it up.

Hope it works out, my lane’s a sheet of ice too, so i can sympathize with ya!

If it’s that icy, I don’t know if snow tires will help. My blizzaks on the Cavalier go almost anywhere, but even ice is tough.

if anyone you know has a AAA membership, have them be with the vehicle and call for service… as long as its not more than 50-60 ft. it’ll be free of charge.

I got a Winch! and a dually

salt that shit

ours got about 100’ cable ill go to about 80 feet and two chains before i bother charging. and C&D are pretty decent over there. (if its in whiteoak)

if your not in whiteoak where are you?

Hair dryer and extension cord?