Question about studding ATV tires

I wanna pick up a dedicated wheel/tire setup for the ice, and was thinking about ITP rims with Holeshot MXR4 tires(19X10X9). Would these tires be ok for studding? Ive never done a legit job with these, just usually some screws in cheapie tires :lol Thanks for any help!

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/images/orprod/400/t/t_hol_mxr4_tire.jpg

Proly better off askin the goons on some quad forum

Just buy an actual stud kit and just use all the slime shit to seal up the holes

thosae would work fine ,like said before slime the tires after studdin so it seels up use a 3/4 in stud and go to town

Pageing Drew. He’d know.

Ive actually been texting him for like the last 20 mins after making this thread :lol

Knows his shit!!

yeah cause i havent done many of them before …

, john, dont get mad bro, :lol

im not , they are a great tire to do ya can get 6 studs in each knobbie

Drew was tellin me to go with the Turf Tamers, so might do those, ples they are a bit cheaper too

they are the tread blocks are closer you will get about the same amount of studs in me

I actually just bought these, I guess like 90% of the ice riders use them, and they hold studs awesome. Cheap too!!

http://www.hsdracing.com/ProdImages/C826.jpg

i can stud tyres guud. drew helped me on mine and its ez.

How much were those tires and the wheels Adam?
Ive been thinking of spending some of my christmas money on a set of studded tires and wheels.

yea do it you dope

depends on how much money I get.
I need to buy a new coat first because my work coat looks like something a homeless person wouldnt want.

I also just bought new tires a few months ago.

apparently not because Holeshots are 2 ply and are absolute junk when it comes to studding them up for ice. They rubber is too soft and rip studs out in 3 hard laps around the track. You want a Lug that wont flex under load…holeshot lugs I can bend over with my finger…Add 40hp to them and what do you think is going to happen.

Torn out studs and flat tires.

Been there, done that.

Not to mention they are way to expensive to only use them a few months of the year.

perfect.

Those are the same exact tires 90% of ice racers use.

I run the same tires and you saw how well I was hooking up last year…stud in every lug accross expect for the farthest lug out on each side…dont put any screws in them.

ahh fuck it. When you get the studs and tires PM me. I will stud them with you.

I only got the rears so far, but the rear rims I got were $49 a piece and I think it was about the same per tire out back. All in all I spend a couple bucks short of $200. I bought some nice lightwieght Douglas polished rims though, so you could find some cheapie steelies instead im sure!

Sounds good buddy! Thanks :thumbup

Ill have to look into it. I got some money for christmas and Im debating spending some on the quad, my truck or saving it.

Where did you order them from?