Studding Snow Tires

Before any of you fggts say it, I know what im getting into on this one but I figured id throw it out there anyhow. I have a pair or Nokian’s used for one season in great shape, obviously no one want to stud a used tire, regardless of whether I go through every hole with a pick or not. Simple question, anyone know of a ballsy local tire shop or maybe someone private that would be willing to do it, I know the equipment isnt cheap ?

translation? you have two used tires, you want to have studed? Why?

its just a gun that shoots them in, a lot of places should have one.

I did it to some winterforces back in the day, hairy burnouts caused me to lose over half of the studs by the end of the winter… for that reason alone i wouldnt do it again

I love studded snows.

http://priertiresupply.biz/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14

I’m pretty sure you can’t do it without a stud gun.

Yes. They are nearly brand new, otherwise I wouldnt. Fuuuuu

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

If you can fugure out how to do it im down, but I have found nothing that implies its worthwhile to try. (Like that ever stopped us before) Sext me.

most mr.tire shops have the equipment. give one of them a call.

That’s interesting, I never lost more than a couple of studs on my nokians on my e30’s. Probably was all the excessive camber from the semi trailing arm suspension. Right?

No one will (or at least shouldn’t) touch them if they’ve been mounted and touched the road, myself included. I’ve got access, but I won’t either.

Understandable. Im going to stop being a wet pussy bitch and just buy 4 studded. Thanks

Stop being a wet pussy bitch and STUD THEM LIKE A MAN

Im as lazy as I am a pussy, I’ll just buy pre studded :wink:

http://www.maxigripicestuds.com/

Def baller, screw in was the next step. Got a great deal on a set of pre-studded tires though.

There are more than one type of stud, you could always use a slightly shorter stud if it is available. I think people fail to realize that a kid making $8 bucks an hour doesnt give a shit and a lot of the time half the studs are half out if you are studding tires that aren’t pre-studded. I say do it, I will text you with where to go.

Thanks Jeremy, its already done though. Bought new pre studded, and am selling the old set at no loss. Good info for others though.

heres some pics, i also drove them for a few months before and after winter, (with tons of heaters) maybe thats what did it?