Can i hook up a car cd changer without a headunit?

i dont know if its possible but can i bypass a headunit with a car cd changer? like does cd changer come with a rca output? so i can hook it straight through a amp then to my speakers? or is there no way around the headunit?

is it a RF mod cd changer, if so then yes. you just unplug the antenna from your factory radio, run it into your rf mod box and then take the cd changers antenna and plug it into your factory radio. then you turn to a certain radio station to hear the changers cds

You would have to have something to use as a controller for the changer if you did somehow get it to work through RCA’s. The Head Unit would be what is controlling Play, Stop, Skipping Tracks, Changing Disks, Ect… So I am going to say No you can’t bypass the Head Unit.

well that and volume control would be sweet, but you can probably just get a pot and ghetto rig it

I know somebody who put an ipod directly into an amp with no headunit… but yeah, you’re going to want to control volume.

[quote=“theblue,post:5,topic:38789"”]

I know somebody who put an ipod directly into an amp with no headunit… but yeah, you’re going to want to control volume.

[/quote]

that’s hot.

[quote=“newman,post:6,topic:38789"”]

that’s hot.

[/quote]

LMAO, all you need to do that is a head phone jack to rca adaptor.