Can slicks be plugged?

I moved recently and the movers transported my slicks without boxing them. OF course, they both are now punctured. Since they are punctured on the tread, not the sidewall, the moving company is telling me to plug them and they will pay to have them plugged. I was hoping to get a new set of slicks. I was wondering if a slick can actually be plugged. I wouldn’t think so. I was wondering if a shop on here can give me a written statement to send to the insurance company stating that a slick can not be plugged, or tell me that it is safe to plug a slick.

you are not supose to plug a slick or z rated tire

would you really wanna drive fast on a plugged tire? the only thing i trust with a plugged tire is my lawn tractor, wheelbarrow, and my quad just to get me home

i wouldn’t wanna run on a plugged slick thats for sure

maybe a patch but that would be worse case. even put tubes in it?

x2, def would not plug it and run it at a track

patch & tube it

patch plug it like ntb does ive had them in many of my tires and never had issues and yes i run z rated tires and have never had a problem

Oh boy, I hope you have your flame suit on.

run tubes and patch as recomended, but either way, i’d make them pay for it. i’d never run a race car on patched or sidewall cut slicks. thats your safety your dealing w/.

for what

i had them patch one of my z tires, and i raced the car, and ran it to 150+ on a regular basis, had no problems.

x47

Like sailor said, it’s your safety. If you want to risk it, go ahead. The price tag on some new slicks is less than that of my life.

Hell my local tire shop wont plug any tire. If it’s on the street, he aint plugging it. He got sued over a plugged blow out a few years back, says it aint worth ever doing it again.

have the company buy you replacement slicks…thats bullshit that they broke them and wont replace them.

you have no idea what he has to go through…all the paperwork through the military

do the paperwork, get your product back