can someone help me solve this

A rock is thrown verticlly upward from the surface of the moon at a velocity of 12 meters/second and reaches a height of s = 12t - 0.8t^2(that is 0.8t squared i dont know how to type it so it look right) meters in t sec
A. find velocity and acceleration time
B. how long does it take the rock to reach its highest point
c how high does the rock go
d how long is the rock aloft

i got this wrong on my final exam could some take some time to explain it to me so maybe i can understand it better

http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/GBSSCI/PHYS/Class/1DKin/U1L6a1.gif
A.) As per the first equation and the word problem, your initial velocity is 12 m/s, and the acceleration due to the gravitational pull of the moon is -1.6m/s/s. (1/2at^2… 1/2 * 1.6 * t^2… 0.8t^2)

B.) Check the equation in the lower left. Vf = Vi + at… 0 = 12 + -1.6t… t=7.5s

C.) Check the lower right equation. d=(Vi + Vf)/2 t… d=(12+0)/27.5=45m

D.) it took 7.5 seconds to go up. It’ll take 7.5 seconds to come back down. 15 seconds.

Amirite? :headbang:

thanks i need to spend more time on this its hard to catch up when you behind

Now I know why I didn’t go to college.
If I had a ? like that I would’ve killed myself.Even with the answer explained I can’t even begin to understand it, And I supposedly have an I.Q. of 135.Must be wrong lol:D
D

Eh, these questions were really straightforward and easy once you knew the formulas.

very easy…

If you cant pay attention in a class and figure out something as easy as that, youre an asshole

Trust me, youd do fine. College is full of retards.

sure is

60% of people in college go because they think they should, not because they want to or like the major they are pursuing.

I had problems like this in highschool, not college. Easy once you learn the way to do them.

Holy shit, what happened to the 2 freakin trains leaving chi town and nyc???