can we have a BUILD THREAD section

+2

Guys, we can’t have a different section for every type of part or kind of sale…

Zilvia has it broken down more but they also have 25 times the traffic we do.

Moreover, there are some changes that are slated to occur in 2010 that will make some of the suggestions you guys are putting forth unnecessary. Or, they will create the need for greater sub-classification of section… my position is ‘wait and see’ at the moment.

The last thing i want to do is mess with the forum lay out every couple of months. that is more disruptive than having to be a little more diligent with your searches in the short term

I also like this idea - but question from me is: how hard is it to accomplish this?

I know there have been similar suggestions in the past - but haven’t seen any new sections come up - like a bitching/moaning section would do really well

There should be a rule about stating if something is for an S13 or S14 IN THE THREAD TITLE.

I’m tired of wasting my time reading through for sale threads.

I see only one problem. the majority of SON will start something and then it never goes beyond a half assed quarter finished project. There are exceptions to this thoguh.

what do you guys use for large amounts of image hosting?like 200+ pics

I’ve always used photobucket.com
Haven’t had an issue yet.

^ i just manned up and bought a flickr account, but I like the photo quality over photobucket

www.imageshack.us = my pic uploader

x2

let peolpe start and FINISH build threads first before you start adding shit.

Peace

Yeah seriously, don’t start putting up build thread that will take 3 years to accomplish with 300 post of random stupid crap like “more to come next week of my pos stock car”
A quality build thread would be Rene’s 2jz build and Mike’s Titan V8 build.

you dont need all that
you just need a simple ( s13 ) or ( s14 ) in every title

i like the way my Jeep club has it.

The build up thread for extreme builds. Like a complete tear down etc

and

The mini build up. A section for mini build ups. Like hey, i painted my rims and heres how i did it. Or I did a brake conversion heres the pics.

^you’re still alive!!???

i think fs threads should say s13/s14 in title fixed that then two build thread maye small or large and just put s13 or s14 in title

+1 -> And I’m on JeepKings too lol

I think I’ll have to build a shed or some shit when I come back to Canada, cause that’s the only way I’ll have a build thread anytime soon :smiley:

hot diggidy damn.

You’ve probably seen how many times that my Photobucket has maxed out in my build thread. I was looking for a good program as well, and came across Google Picasa.

Basically download the software, and it scans your computer for pictures.
You can upload one picture at a time, or one folder, etc.
The uploads are crazy fast.

I just sorted my pics into different folders for different days/sections of the build, then did the scan. When it scanned my computer, it recognized the folders, and grouped the pics the same way.
I just click “Upload November 10th” or whatever, and it creates an album with the folder name online.

I’d say give it a shot, I’ve only used it once, but it seems like a good program for a lot of uploads anyway.

uhm, no offence, but the best cars SON has to offer are already done or 75% there…
with minor winter upgrades…

but what we really need is a low budget build section for the people with S-chassis that are really hard to look at.