Can we sub catorigize the Parts FS?

Is this something that can be done relatively easy in the future if theirs enough interest in it?

Something like

Engine/Drivetrain
Exterior/Aero
Interior/stereo
Wheels/Tires
Electronics
Part outs(assorted goodies) On the lines stock parts.

I find it much more useful on other forums with this kind of setup.

this defeats the logics behind the request that people consolidate their for sale threads.

If the sections are sub-categorized as you are saying then most people would have to split up their consolidated threads and manage multiple threads in multiple sections which in turn increases the amount of required moderation.

Even on Ziliva, which has 100 times more users, the only additional section is for wheels and tires… We have a non-240sx car for sale section and an “other” section which makes our classifieds far more subcategorized anyways.

why would we require further sub-categorization?

^I’ve noticed most people make multiple threads for different things regardless…

Why would we require further sub categorization?

It makes it so much easier to find what you are looking for amongst the dozens of mor…er people, who can’t make a decent thread title. Or thread for that matter…

“Bunch of S13 parts for sale”
Yeah, that really fuckin helps us find what we’re looking for.

But,
if you have “bunch of S13 parts for sale” in an engine section. Hopefully everything is engine and only engine related.

It may take up more bandwidth but it makes everyone’s lives a little easier.
If you need to, get another moderator or two on here (since this place could really benefit from it).

I for one think this would be a great idea.

That’s exactly the only reason id suggest it. There is just soo much you have to read threw to even find something that interests you and your wallet.

the solution here is for people to make better threads…lol

i too dont read through all of the threads… but you know what, that just means that the people selling the items dont sell them as quickly and dont sell them for as much.

if you are looking for specfic things use the search function.

the search function goes through not only titles but the thread content as well

i could see us potentially getting stricter on people’s threads… deleting shit threads that are entitled ‘240parts for sale’ or what have you

but further sub-categorization is not on the books for now, sorry!

^If that is the case then mods should be more strict. Or add a new mod or two.

People want improvements. Well, this is one that will help.