Site Suggestion

I was browsing through ads in the classifieds in search of cars for sale. It occurred to me that the classifieds section seems kind of sloppy and unorganized. I think it would be a good idea if the classifieds was separated into a few categories to make searches for specific items faster and easier. For instance, one section for cars, one for car accessories and one for miscellaneous non-auto related items. Thats just off the top of my head but I think it would help clean things up a bit.

We should have a site suggestions/problems section too. Just something to condense the clutter and have an official suggestion section.

Me and Joe were actually talking about that same thing the other day. The site has grown so much that it probably wouldn’t be a bad time to make some changes. For instance if you go to LS1tech.com they have everything broken down bit by bit… now we don’t need it to that extent but definately some more organization couldn’t hurt! :benny

i dont think we need to nitpick and have a small category for every possible thing, we need to have 2 major ones, like car related and other, and they’d have a WTB and WTS subsections in each.

need more more smiles ha

good call on the classifieds… i wouldnt mind taking care of 'em, but def should be “cars for sale” “parts for sale” “misc for sale” sections… break it down a bit.

exactly, i just dont feel like we need to have like a section for chassis, wheels, windows, doors, trunk lids, seats, hoods and etc. itll be too damn many. just a few general car related categories and a random one with whatever.

We had a thread that was used for that in Shift518 section that sort of fell off the radar.

Great suggestion however. It looks like it will be one Auto one Other, and if there are enough cars for sale to need it’s own dedicated section then that will happen as well.

Cool, thats gonna help both buyers and sellers to have things categorized. Thanks Vlad :thumb

id be will in to break it down but i dont have the mod access to do so or i would for vald and everyone tryin to sell

I think there should be a

For Sale and Want to buy area

then sub catagories like Cars/Parts/Other shit

Good call… organizing it into Parts-Full Vehicles-Misc. Stuff would be a great idea.

it should be broken down a little, but nothing too drastic just make it easier for someone either lookin to buy or sell something to not have to sort through stuff he doesnt need to find what he/she is lookin for

yeah thats my biggest beef with the classifides section, people have to sorth through all differant WTB and FS adds to find one or the other

Should we still split cars for sale and parts?

Other items were split but the classifieds are still crowded.

I think so. Cars should get their own section