Can you cut/shape a cut off wheel?

Now I know it can be done since these are precut for purchase at stores. But for something I’m trying to Ghetto rig, I’d like to be able to make a circular cut on a cut off wheel/disk. The material is what I’m really looking to use and the center cut out might be perfect.

This is what I’m looking to make smaller but still round.

attach to grinder, press against metal or concrete until it is the size you want?

Buy smaller wheel?

That was my plan as well. Just didn’t know how long I’d be doing it for. Haha.

As for buying the size I need. It’s the inside diameter the most. I know the inside would be the hardest to cut.

you gotta be kidding me.

Meh, I typed something but erased it. Go ahead, have fun.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

This

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

This

I kid you not.

Bottom line, I’m trying to make a “slipper ring” for a 93 nitro rc truck. I found the part and will order it. I was trying to find a way to get it to work for the time being.

I clearly know this material is strong and really not designed to be cut rather to do the cutting itself.

good luck trying to cut that with anything.

i have no faith in our future as a nation.

Sure, I can help.

I have done this several times. With great results. What tool do you want to put this on?

Pm me make and part needed, i might have it or know where to get one used. I could probably make it also…

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

I bet you’re trying to make something like this?

[COLOR=“Silver”]

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------[/SI

Got my problem fixed. Those actually look like the plates ( alittle thick though ) for the differential. they sandwich 12 ball bearings.

But, do you know where I can find parts (drive axle now) for a Kyosho 1/10 Outlaw Rampage SST?[COLOR=“Silver”]

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Any why would that be?

Waterjet is about the only thing I can think of that would cut it without expensive cutting tools.

I knew I was going to need something aggressive that you normally dont come across garage to garage. lol

I know couple guys that collect old parts so i’ll let you know if I find anything.

get another cutting wheel :wink:

Thank you. Just having a fun time finding parts on Ebay for this truck. I’m thinking I’m going to have to custom make something to make this truck move again. When it did run, hell it moved pretty good, till it flipped on its side in the air and landed snapping the shaft right behind the rim.