Can you out run the cops?

my brother inlaw drives one of the two camaros based in troop G…their fast enough but their not catching anything thats tubed or on two wheels ;)…so long as they dont run out of gas LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ve walked stock z-28 f-bodies

add a light bar and extra weight from radio, computer all that garbage…and idk how well theyd be able to keep up…

i’m gear/tire size limited currently to 170.2mph

when i had my 235/45/17s on it was just a hair over 172, and i’ve hit the rev limiter in 5th gear on the i90 bridge.

i think they’d have trouble keeping up, but not dramatic enough to lose them…

…until i hit some twisties ;D

lol

I’d put my money on a trained police officer in a camaro vs some young kid in a mildly modded m3

agreed, but i’d sure as hell give em a better run for their money than some drunk dude in an olds

and something tells me my ps2’s, and H&R c/o’s among other things could out maneuver a near stock f-body…

also, cops aren’t necessarily trained to ‘drive fast’ they’re trained to drive defensively and drive safe/avoidance…i think given a road i know really well and one he didnt so much i’d have the upper hand…

I don’t care if you have an damn legit time trial car… still got my money on the cop, he’ll get you. Maybe not right away, but it will happen.

never go rifling through your car to get your registration and stuff until told to do so by the cop. Looks like you are getting a weapon. And why would you put your keys on your roof right away? Can you act any more like a convict? Why don’t you get out and start the field sobriety test while your at it

cops are trained to drive. They know their cars and their limits pretty damn well.

It’s more about the driver and less about the car. Cop > you

…and yes, I’m sure a cop would own my ass too

haha obviously a driver who has had formal training has an edge on me, i’m 20 and have done 2 auto-x’s lol im just saying a comparable driver in my car and an equally comparable driver in a camaro pursuit car, i think the old M would put up a real good fight.

didnt read the OP, this is a thread about YOU in YOUR car…in that case my only shot would be evasive lights off pull in a driveway and shut it off kind crap, not high speed pursuit…theyd pwn me.

:benny

equal drivers…

highway persuit - z28
twists - m3

either way, whatever kind of car you may have…you can’t beat the radio

i think anything over 135 is considerd a public safety in the eyes of the law so they wont follow to close but you can bet their not gonna just sit there an let you go…the’ll be on the horn to the other cops in the area. The camaro i saw had a turbo under the hood and it was deffinatly NOT stock, That does not mean its lightning fast but its fast enough to keep you in site long enough to radio the dude in the chopper if need be.

the only ‘mods’ those camaros have is an added oil cooler, and beefier rear end, if that

there are no turbo pursuit cars.

i dono what to tell ya i know what i saw LOL

Me/my car wouldn’t lose a cop unless I had a 10 miles of twisties to put some distance between us. Regardless, I wouldn’t run. Running from the law after you murdered someone is one thing (not that I’m advocating either), but for running a stop sign or a red light, so not worth going to jail, license revoked, losing job, ect.

So you basically don’t know anything but you pretend to? They are trained to drive offensively also, unless PIT manuevers are defensive?