Can you out run the cops?

Now we have all heard stories about how that guy you work with had fled the lights behind them going 173mph down central ave. Although i am curious, in a real life situation do you really think that your vehicle with you driving could out run the local town cop? I myself tried and got away once when i was 16 in colonie. I now realise i got really really lucky with a great duck out spot and to be honest i just dont have the stones to do it again unless the situation was ideal.

Situation #1:
You run a stop sign in a residential neighborhood where you must go atleast 5 more intersections before being able to get out to a main road. Do you think you and your car can do it???

If I know the area, possibly, but it’s not how I roll. I usually think about the consequences very quickly, then pull over.
Less work for the cop = easier it’ll be for you.

It’s really not that hard for a few reasons.

Most chases get called off by the chief because they are not worth the trouble.

You can keep driving at any reasonable speed untill you reach the road, they will just tail you, it’s not like they are going to ram you.

There are get away locations like the central ave and 87 Cross.

But once the cops got your plate, running is kind of pointless.

running = poor judgment

Tough to outrun a radio…

You can probably get away if you pass a cop that is going the oppsite way and your going 60-70 on central and turn off a street quickly and go randomly threw the suburbs there im sure hes not gonna be able to assume your track.

Bikes on teh other hand on the highway can just go 170 and get off the next exit :slight_smile:

Well… considering I am notorious for pulling over before lights even begin to flash… maybe that would give me some luck if I ever try.

The radio is hard to beat. You can usually tell when you pass a patrol car and he starts to pull out that your more than likely the one he’s after. Make it easier on yourself and pull off the road or a parking lot before the lights even come on. I’ve been let go with warnings so many times just for the simple fact he didn’t have to chase me down. And be sure to have you license, registration, and proof of insurance ready when he gets to your car. Proof of insurance you ask? Yes, they will sometimes ask for it too. Off the topic I know and apologize for. Back on topic, I might be able to duck and hide from a cop, but out run, no not with my stock civic.

has anyone actually seen the police officer as he takes notice of a car?

the first thing that usually happens : he calls your plate in to dispatch.

and in the long run, is it really worth it?

last thing I want is to see somebody locally end up on worst police chases or something.

Last thing you want to do is be moving around on your car looking for those items, while being pulled over, and make a cop suspicios.

Proper procedure:

Pullover
Dome light On
Hands on the steering wheel.
Throw keys on the roof (optional but got me off a few tickets)

If you’re scrambling around inside looking for stuff the cop has no idea if you’re being nice or trying to hide something or get a gun, be still and relaxed, you can get your registration once he comes up to the window.

not even.

proper procedure: turn signal on, pull over, hazards on, turn car off, then keep your hands in plain sight, either on the steering wheel or flat on your lap so the officer can see them, and wait for him to ask for your liscense and registration

now i can not comment on how anyone else deals with cops…

all i know is i get tickets left and right no matter what… being honest or flatout lying gets me the same court date…

no matter what i get pwned…

ex. tonight i got a ticket in a mother fucking toll booth

Sometimes your just unlucky :slight_smile:

All of my paper work is with in arms reach, and not in the glove box. it’s been a few years since the last time I’ve been stopped and I’ve only gotten 1 ticket since I’ve had my license, so I’ve must be doing something right.

Cops have nothing better to do in my area. They would love to get in a chase - just be sure that trooper behind you isn’t pushing an LS1 or the new Hemi Chargers…seriously, who is paying for that !?

Don’t let those get to ya, the camaros are stupid slow, and the chargers are faster, but still not crazy fast and don’t handle that well and can’t turn worth a dime, I chat with the albany sheriff’s they have one, I’ve sat in it. Looks amazing but it’s still not the gods charriot.

i think either albany or state troopers have an undercover charger thats supercharged…its black and had black decals on the side all i could get a glimpse of is that it said POLICE down the side and across the trunk…but he flew by me on washington ave by the mall and you could hear it

dunno if anyone knows about this or have seen it ???

I’ve seen it too. I think it’s a trooper though because i’ve seen it in both Albany and Schenectady County. Unless both Sheriff’s Counties each got one.

it’s schenectady county sheriff, and its basically a stock charger with an oil cooler.

i talked to him all about it, the vinyls change from an opaque dark gold to black depending on light, looks pretty badass.

You are correct, it is also called Ghost Lettering

That mo fo will creep up on you real quick without a sign. scarred the shit out of me on albany shaker. whatever it is it looks mean as hell and in like 5 years they will be in the police auctions, how baller would that be?