My first loss... to a cop. TUP to cops :)

This morning I had an interesting run in with a police officer. I wont name where, or what town, or anything like that…

I was at a light, and a cop was next to me. I will not say age, or whatnot about the officer. But, there he was next to me.

I looked over as did he and yadda yadda we said hi, and nice weather, and whatever. Then he said “nice car, is it fast?”

“Yea, its not slow” I think I said.

“wanna take off, see what its got?”

“Are you serious?” I said, kinda laughing a little thinking ‘is he serious?’

He laughed, and said “yea, why not.”

“umm… sure, why not. As long as I dont get in trouble”

“dont worry about it” he said “Just take it easy, its just for fun”

So, we waited for the light, and I took of as did he. It was a regular interceptor cop car. I had him off the light by meer inches. I launched relatively easy, as it was a cop afterall. The AWD let me get ahead by a foot or two, but his car was just about as fast off the line. I lost ground on him when i shifted to second. I was nervous as hell, and i held the clutch in too much between gears (i havent had the car long. I haven’t really gotten used to it yet). He gained a half car at least. I never expected a cop car to really be THAT fast.

By 60 he was ahead of me completely bumper-to-bumper. So, maybe 6 seconds into the race he was beating me. He stopped at probably 70 or 80, when we knew he had won.

We slowed down and chit chatted for a couple seconds, him saying “yea, its not slow” or something like that. I said “thanks for the run”

He turned right shortly after, and waved out his window.

Sad, my first loss was to a cop. But, :tup: :tup: to that guy. I finally got a run in, and he was cool as hell :slight_smile:

Not all cops are bad, and that was pretty fucking sweet! Anyone else ever have a fun run with a cop car?

lol, i don’t even know what to say!!!

:tup: good story

that’s pretty awesome.

:tup:

Awesome story! What type of AWD vehicle do you have?

Mazdaspeed 6

lol, kickass. too bad ya lost.

NICE

If I launched at the correct RPMs (which I havent had time to learn yet) and knew how to drive my car better… I may not have lost by much. But, yea… I am guessing he had a good 100 horsepower more than me. :slight_smile: I’d guess Id have lost either way.

I really dont mind losing to a cop. The experience alone was worth it. It was the most fun I had losing…

What cop car makes over 370 horse???

Um… No.

Police interceptor packages just get a HD alternator, radiator, and suspension. The days of sleeper cop motors are long gone, replaced by sleeper cop radios and computers that simply find out where you live and meet you there.

Cool story though.

I thought they usually had a whole lot of extra weight too, in the form of things like steel plates in the seat backs to prevent getting stabbed from the back seat and stuff like that?

That was probably just my buddy BSing. I never bothered to check.

WEll if that’s the case, I’d be taking my MAzdaspeed 6 back to the dealer for a refund. How does a regular interceptor beat you?

Fixed, since he already said he wasn’t driving it well and was nervous. I bet it was just operator error. He was probably thinking “littering and…” the whole time. I bet that if he had actually launched and gone balls out he would have walked away.

There’s not much reinforcement weight added, other than that recall on the crownvics to add a plate around the gas tank to keep them from exploding in high speed rear end collisions.

There is a lot of weight in all the gear they carry. A cop car trunk is near full all the time, plus the light bar (both weight and drag), electronics etc.

What kind of guy flirts with a cop about the weather at a stop light? :stuck_out_tongue:

Smart ass cop. Besides for him being cool shit, it’s a damn good way to prove a point :slight_smile:

you lost! Sell your car and get a faster one. j/k nice :slight_smile:

i hope that happens to me some day lol

That is fuckin awesome, always been a dream of mine to race a cop and not get in trouble for it lol

^
exactly.

I waited until he gunned it before moving. I didn’t want to go crazy, and i was also adrenalized waiting for the light to race a cop car… :stuck_out_tongue: His acceleration from the get-go never stopped but my first to second shift slowed me down a ton, and I lost my boost… (Driver Error) Oh well :slight_smile:

The “100 horsepower more” was definitely an overstatement. But, I was impressed at the power that thing did have. I dunno about what you guys say, but it definitely didn’t seem “slightly modded” as per an above post. It moved quite a bit…

All-in-all… It wasn’t about winning or losing. It was just a cool situation!

:tup: