Canada FTW!

Anyone seen the Canadian dollar lately?

$100 USD is almost $130 CAN

Global economy crashing FTL!

Ya but this silver lining is awesome.

Cheap gas. Cheap currencies. Cheap stocks.

Bad news for erie county, but I really have not noticed a drop in canadian shopping even with the downward value of the canadian dollar.

Gas is usually more expensive in canada even with the favorable exchange rate

yeah, I just got raped getting payed for my rims thru paypal from a bro in canada

$1.24 buys 1 euro. It was $1.60 not that long ago.

So much for Iran switching to the euro for it’s oil payments being the downfall of the US and it’s dollar. :wink:

well, he probably paid in CAD?

i have, it sux :frowning:

yeah this is surprising… we have no financial meltdown and the automotive layoffs are moving at a slower pace than in the US. I did not even realise that the dollar had declined so much until the other day.

On the surface it doesnt make alot of sense to me, but i do know that our doller being so high was VERY bad for our economy… Eastern Canada was hit very hard in the fishing and other natural resource industries.

I’m a firm beleiver in market manipulation. Our dollar going down makes more sense as a favour rather than market forces… when you consider how badly the US economy is doing right now there is no way that a sound economy should lose 30% against it in some few months.

I remember my senior trip to Toronto back in 02 the dollar was 1.00 USD - 1.60 CAN it was awesome for buying.

oh man, downer here i come!

yeah whew. we really dodged a bullet with that. man our economy really could have tanked… oooooh wait. :roll:

Bing summed it up nicely.

Looks like there is not going to be nearly as many Canadian shoppers this year.

ya i was thinking about playing some poker tonight. was gonna go to seneca but hell, for 130 its worth it to walk across the damn bridge now.

IN

Markets being down 40% is hardly the end of the US economy as we know it. Don’t let the scare mongering on the news fool and the election campaign fool you. Is it bad, sure, but 5 years from now it will be just another bumn in the road and a period in time when smart investors made a boatload of money. Hell, a report out today showed housing, both existing and new builds, was up.

Meh, there are nicer buildings, architecurally, but that is pretty bad ass. I want to visit Dubai someday.

More than you can afford, pal. Dubai.

meh, ill probably make a trip up to ikea… thats about it…