Can't get brakes to bleed on my dirtbike

Well my buddy derrick and I got it bled today…pressure is much better but I’m going to get some different compound brake pads and have the disc resurfaced, I want more bite still.

Thanks everyone for the tips, was a big help

A wave rotor would give you what your looking for if your looking into going that route. Check out the brand "Braking"rotors and pads, kind of pricey but boy do they bite. Galfer also makes the wave rotors i believe but I have personal experience with the Braking stuff.

Ebc hh pads. That’ll be your cheapest and best bet.

already has a wave rotor on it…it’s just grooved and contaminated-looking…gonna have it resurfaced and fresh pads…the pads were definitely close to the wear marks and they had gotten contaminated with brake fluid from the bad seals in the caliper…

I was going to chime in sooner and tell you that you needed a rebuild, but I really didn’t feel like explaining why to the body of NYspeed. As I would just be told I’m wrong right away.

Glad you finally rebuilt it. This is rather obvious, but make sure your line is in good shape also…

this is why ww cant have nice things…

oh the irony

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/focusinprogress/2012-06-11215511.jpg

got out to the practice track today and about 25mins into riding I over-cleared a jump, flat-bottomed out, and on the reboud of the rear end my right hand let go of the bar and when I came back down from the hop I missed the grip and bashed my hand straight through the brake lever, hyper-extending my wrist. LOL. spent all that time on the front brake only to destroy the lever and not be able to use it anyways.

ordered pads and a new lever, hoping to get back out friday and saturday

where were you riding?

I pitched in on a Dozer rental and we hired a track designer to have a practice track made at my buddies place out in East Concord…about 5 mins from Holland Speedway

Do any of them race either of the local series?

I cannot help but LOL. What a nightmare.

yeah, all of them do. As did I at one point…thinking about getting into it again…was hoping to hit the AIRMX date in two weeks. Our practice track is at the Cournan’s place… JC and Adam. I’m best friends with their cousin Derrick Scheelar who also races and have been riding with derrick for years at his cousins house and practice days at local tracks just for leisure. I raced a few sanctioned events maybe 4 yrs ago, but it’s been some time since I even joined WNYMA.

EDIT: Birdman, I’ve also met you a few times lol. I’m friends with Shawn Scanlon, He’s ridden with us a few times too when he had that '99 KX250 for a little while… Your name is Steve right?

No, lol Adam. I’ll be at Air MX this weekend though, practice Saturday and race Sunday. Usually head out to Area 51 on Wednesday’s if I can make it. Shoot me a message if your thinking about heading out, AIR is one of the best tracks to go to for sure.

Haha, I guess I have you confused with someone else then…

Yeah I used to ride beginner day at Area51, but they changed the track like two seasons ago and it was really lame/shitty, then they hiked the price of admission up, and they started grouping the bikes together different and it was getting to be a real mess to bother riding there.

If I head to AirMX I’ll def. message you…I won’t know my numbers until day-of if I go though so I won’t be able to tell you what to look for hahaha.

Lol alright I’ll be there both days #38 Red and white Honda

Just a final update on this…got the system bled and working properly, swapped in new pads and resurfaced the wave rotor, and installed a new brake lever. Works great now. Registered with WNYracing series last sunday at Cohocton MX and ran the 250 beginner class. snagged a 16th overall, missed points by one position :frowning: Gonna race Pavillion MX this sunday… #95, black/white/yellow Suzuki two-stroke