Car Amp Questions

hey i was wondering if anyone here knew how to get the most rms or maxium output of your amps, i have a pyle 1800 2 channel amp, and i was also wondering how to bridge it, it is powering 2 clif design 12’s (600 rms,1200 max each) if n e one knows let me kno. And Also sometimes wen im running it it seems to heat up alot is there n e way to make it cool like some kind of fan or something? im not sure and dont think it has an internal its just a cheap budge one with some power. I also Have a two channel Kenwood 1000 amp, and i was wondering if i cud somehow wire them together to get the rms of both to power the subs, but how wud tht work? and how wud i kno it wudnt hit the max output and blow the subs? there strong subs but im not sure

toss out your pyle , because its is exactly that , toss in your kenwood and wire it up to run a 2ohm load , that should give u the most power u can get

what kind of box do u have ? you subs will actually handle more power than is rated on them , just depends on your box design, back in the day we ran a 8" 200 watt max sub in a home jobby box that was the size of a honda off of a a wall plug for 1/2 hour (thats what ? 3000 watts @ 30Hz? someone correct me if im wrong…)

In order to tune correctly, you should download a ‘Test Tone’ CD off the internet. Read the manual for the amplifier, to find out what the RMS output is for each channel and at what load. Then throw those numbers into this equation.

V = sqrt(RMSxOhms)

Go grab a multimeter from Cdn Tire if you don’t have one, there 15 bucks or so. Then play that ‘Test Tone’ CD through your head unit, loop the 50hz track, and use the multimeter on the output for each channel on your amp. Simply tune your amp, and make sure the you get the exact voltage reading on the multimeter that you did from that equation. That will ensure you that your sub woofer is tuned properly. If you need a tutorial just google search it, or I can send you a link to one.

Good luck man.

That was possibly one of the most intellegent things ever said about car audio. I wish more people actually took the time to figure out things like this, and not just turn all channels to max and drive around with body panels about to fall off.

well i aint gonna just toss the pyle one, its still a decent amp and it says it puts out more rms then the kenwood ones which i want it to do cuz i dont wanna under power those subs, the box is i believe a mtx 1.06 cu per sub, i believe i have to double check, and thx alot izzy_domain, yes he is very knowledgeable about it which really helps cuz i want my subs,amp, and car all to be mint no breakin,fallin apart, etc lol. but wut also is a good way to hookup both together to get both rms together is it even possible? and is there n e thing for amps so in cold weather,warm, etc u are keeping the right temperature?

Some amps now come with fans built in. I beileve that I seen a seperate fan setup that was mounted to the amp and ran off the remote/+12/Gnd from the amp. I wouldnt worry about overheating unless your are running 1000+ watts RMS, or underpowering your subs alot. Even though your kenwood amp says it has less RMS power, it is a higher quality amp and will sound far better powering your subs. In my opinion, one sub will be just as loud as/sound better then two subs would being ran from the same amp. Personally, i would run one sub on the bridged channel of your kenwood amp. I think you would be very happy with the quality and quantity of bass that would produce. And yes, please take izzy’s advice and do your research on tuning your subs properly, it will be worth it.

ya i kno i have been tuning then and tryin not to mess it up, and wudnt tht sound weird if i had one sub running off the kenwood and one running off the pyle cuz the pyle is 1800 bridged output, the subs max is 1200 , and the maxium bridged output of the kenwood is 1000

Just run one sub, Leave the second in your closet or something. Will sound very clean, take up less room in the trunk, be less weight in your car, and you have lost less if it ever gets stolen. One sub on a bridged channel will sound very clean and hit very hard. It is also healthier for your sub and amp, because underpowering your sub could cause damage to both sub/amp (sub tries to draw too much, amp cant keep up, heat issues, etc…). And even though your plye amp says it is 1800 watts bridged output, it is probably closer to 800 RMS, if that, whereas the kenwood would probably be pushing about 500-600 rms which would be perfect for one sub.

ok well what Izzy said is not wrong you much remember that what he said is to help set up the output of the amp, Tuning the actually sub is more about Box design. 2OHM load on the kenwood 2ch. I do not think you should do that being that almost all 2ch amps are only stable to a total 4ohm load. bringing it down too two ohms will produce more RMS output but also place the amp under a very large amount of stress. That eaquels a amp getting even hotter and blowing. What are the actual subs and amp do you have? that will help a lot in trying to figure this out. And you can not strap those amps togeather, that is a fact.

alright well prob is i just bought this box for them and stuff so its a waste of spent money and such i have 3 12’s two in a box other is a infinity 12 1230, and the two amps so i just want it to be using my moneys worth u kno well still soundin good

Since he already had a box, I assumed that it would be one that was already made to correct volume and port sizing. Also, if every piece of equipment that you have is mixed, then its going to be extremely difficult to get it all to work together while producing desired sound.

Well mixing names is not really a bad thing. Again I ask what model amps as well as what model MTX subs and box are they?

sry nvr saw ur post before the box is 1.06cu per chamber i believe, the amp is a pyle chopper series PLA 2210 1800 watt 2 channel amp,the kenwood is a Kenwood KAC-8101D 1000w 2 channel, Im also running 4 gage wiring with a cap, Two Clif Design 12’s (1200 max,600 rms each)

Then what did you say about the Infinity sub? Im too confused now.

Haha YAY :smiley: Thanks

i also have an infinity 12’’ 1230 watt subwoofer aswell but im prob gonna give tht one to my gf cuz i picked it up for cheap and the clif design r way better.

OK well are those single voice coil subs, DVC, 2 OHM or 3 OHM or 4Ohm coils.
I do not want to be a pain but this is all very important

Yea I agree with Benson, before anybody can give you opinions/help, we need to know all the details of everything you have.

Kenwood Amp http://inform2.kenwoodusa.com/manuals/KAC8151d.pdf theres the manuel and all the info Pyle Amp http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail.asp?brand=&cat1=Car%20Audio&cat2=Amplifiers&model=PLA2210
Its a Bass Slamer 1.00 cu box sry
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/22010413350.jpg ,
heres a picture of the Subs i havent been able to find much info mb you can tell through the pic http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/22010413224.jpg , http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/22010413258.jpg , Should i Run it off all 4 of the sub like run 4 wires to each one? ive been running just two of them does it matter?
here is a vid yes there in my room for now because i dont get my truck for another month but this stuff was available at the time for dirt cheap so i bought it well i had the money cuz i wont once i have the truck:P , my camera sucks at picking up bass and such tho, cuz there were shakin everything and soundin mint.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ymeeLQLHm0

Ok well first of all WHY THE HELL ARE YOU JUST HOOKING UP ONE VOICE COIL, that is not good for buisness friend. 2nd look around the net ans see if these are dual 2ohm, 3ohm or 4ohm coils, that is the next very important part in the equation.