Car Crisis

So im having a little situation here. The story goes like this.

I will be receiving some free money. thats right free. never mind how. we’ll say around $5000. naturally this will go to some sort of car. the question is in what way. possibilities are as follows:

(1)keep my current s13. fix any rust and body damage etc and do some performance stuff (ka-t?). pros: wont have to buy/reg a new car cons: decent portion of the money will be wasted on fixing the body.

(2)keep my current s13. leave all the rust and body damage and only buy performance upgrades that can be transferable to another 240. s13 or s14. pros: more money will go to making my car perform well. cons: it may fall apart.

(3)sell the s13. look for an s14. 95 possibly. hopefully for around 6000. (luck). pros: ill have an s14. minimal rust, etc. cons: minimal performance upgrades can be afforded. increased insurance.

lets here some opinions on where you guys would go with this. iv been shuffling back and forth on this one daily.

s14, coils, exhaust.

Go for 3. Always build good mechanical around good body, never the other way around. It’s far far better to get a mint body with a blown engine, than have 300rwhp on a rotten body.

1. sell current s13, buy one thats in good condition. Mod that one.

You can get another s13 thats got close to mint frame and an excellent body for around 3000. Just a matter of being patient and looking. It will take time tho. When you find one, flop your current one and begine the build. In the long run you will have a car that will be more moded then the s14 since the purchase price of s14’s can run into the 10’s.

Andrew.

nah a zenki wont be more than 7k, and eric likes S14s more, so he should save up and get something he really wants right away.

S13 you mod it then fall in love with it

S14 you fall in love with it right away

Thats what I found anyways

oh well if he likes the s14 more and wants one. Yeah get an s14 dude.

well thats not true. obviously an s14 is more appealing initially to look at. but i dont care that much about looks. if i really wanted to make it look good, a body kit can make an s13 and s14 equally as good looking.

s14 is nicer but mostly for benifits of it being newer and likely having less rust and stuff. that and girls like them more. but is it worth the extra cost? i dont know. its so hard to tell. ah FULWEUF:"

Well you have to really decide what you want as your final project. As in what car vision do you have in mind and what car will it look best on the S13 or S14.

That may help you in deciding which route your going.

Now I like the idea of finding a clean S13, then selling the one you have now and adding that money to the money you have left over and there’s a pretty good amount to start modding you new S13.

So lets say you find a clean for, on the high side, $3500.00 and you pay the taxes, ownership transfer and get it on the road your up to 4K. Again on the high side, you’d still have $1000.00 left. Now depending on the condition of your current car, you sell it for $1000.00, taking the low side here, you will be left with $2000.00 to have fun with. That’s not bad if you ask me.

Anyway those are my thoughts.

Good luck with everything.

Easy 8)

My question is how bad is the rust? is it bad enough to eat up your whle budget? if really that is a concern, i think really just looking for a new car might be a better route. Like someone mention, there are good 240s out there, and you really have to be patient. I am thinking of getting myself some rust work done myself. But depending on the price i may just source a new car to work with. Regardless of the rust i am going to be getting some work done on my body just to strengthing it because my car is most likely becoming a track only car.

I think the better route would be just to get a s14 because generally they are cleaner on rust. I am not saying all of them are, but being a few years younger does help the cause.

Question two is are you just talking about bolt ons? because that could be another option, because you can just transfer the parts. But then again, i am all for having a good base before putting power. I’d rather have a better body and stock than a modified rust bucket that could fall apart on me.

well dude i probably know you best of all, and i know you have a soft spot for S14’s.

the fact that you’re going to have a car at all this summer is good enough, but i think you should do what will make u happiest.

i’d say sell your car for $3000 ish and find an S14. then get some coilovers and save up for a turbo upgrade. we’ll do one when we get the shop off the ground.

if not, just keep your car and pay dan to fix the rust, it wont cost u as much as u think and then he can give it a quick spray job.

Quick question. Who is Dan?

so the general agreence is to ditch my current s13.

the rust isn’t that bad. then again its been sitting all winter so i haven’t inspected it thoroughly. there are some little holes on the front of the frame rails and some on the floors and a few of the other usual 240 spots. i just hate dealing with rust and its only going to get worse. it would probably cost 1500 to have it all completely fixed professionally. so if i take that amount and add it to the price i could sell the car for, theres a nice s13. or i could put it towards an s14

Doesn’t sound like a crisis to me.

its not, he’s just a rust nazi like me (its the german background)

and sideways silvia, dan is our buddy / body man. very talented.

Eric Your Car Isn’t that bad.

I’d build the shit out it, KA-t, Suspention, Exhaust…

Forget the body and rust.

When the car falls apart in a year or so buy another chassis and transfer the shizzle over.

Look at Rust as Weight Reduction :wink:

spoken like a true sloppy jantos.

ps. i need to get emitions redone. who wants to spot me an exhaust.

You can use mine…

I have an E-Test guy oweing me some money I’ll talk to him about getting you one.

I need my green rims back !