Car dealership/s are comprised of much faggotry(Rant)/Still bought from dealer

Why the fuck is it that every dealer seems that they NEED to make 5K+ on you like Im an uninformed idiot? I am all for people making money, but Im not going to be one of the clowshoe donley licking mother fuckers they make BANK off of. Why cant they be content with making ~$1000 and just get another car on the lot, not like its a god damn CGT and they are making 40 of them. Long story short, I was told they would do $100 over invoice, which is ok…but still not exstatic about. When I get there, their “invoice” that he was “willing to show me” was complete bs, and already about $700 what actual invoice is ($29618 is real, $30,250 was shown). Not to mention, he said lowest they could go was $31000 on it, which is again, hundreds above their “invoice”. Getting frustrated and wanting the car(as its in stock), I said maybe I can deal with that, and get the ball rolling on what my trade-in would be. He comes back about 20 mins later walking like he just shoved a baseball bat up his ass at .3mph, and offers me 12K for my basically new car. I laugh, and said thats pretty insulting. For some reason he thinks thats fair. Now idk about you guys, but I have yet to see damn near ANY 2010 vehicle with 20K or less for that price… I wanted 15K for the car(knowing Id get a little less), and he laughs and says thats never going to happen, and he can sell a brand new 2011 focus for like 16,100 out the door. I pretty much called his bluff and said there is no way if I walked in here today looking for a loaded focus like mine, that Id be signing papers for 16K. He proceeds to tell me hes “on my side”(yeah, he works for me right? No, he works for the DEALERSHIP, thats trying to fuck me, nice try fatty), and goes and talks to the gm for another 10 mins. Comes back, and said “well, I got a nickle for ya”(yay, $500, bringing me to a whopping 12,500 for my car). I told him to get a few more quarters and maybe we’d have a deal, got out of my chair, and left. With all this said, do not do business with Steve Davis at Orange Ford, as he literally doesnt give a shit about the customer, has a shitty attitude, and I have a feeling if I were to ever have problems with teh car, warranty issues would be a nightmare. I dont understand why dealers cant make a fair amount of money, and just pump out more cars. Instead of making SOME money that day, they lost a customer and may not sell it for months, when they could have made money and gotten another one.

/Fucking rant.

:lol @ baseball bat bit.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Adam. Luckily, Mohammed and Ed (sales) and Matt (service) took/take care of me continually at Lia Infiniti.

Why bother buying a new car.

CPO baby. Let some other sucker pay the premium if you’re trying to save a buck

when o worked there , i beat on all those cars

im going in there and demanding a fully loaded focus for 16000 lol

Yeah, it just sucks that they see a younger guy come in, and assume Im an idiot. I mean, I am an idiot, but I know alot about cars, more so than 99.9% of the salesmen trying to sell them to me :lol. I laughed at the look on his face when he said he wasnt making any money off the deal, and I brought up all the “hidden” money they make, like the holdback, which for Ford is 3% on the MSRP of the vehicle, etc. In reality, Im like $1000-1500 away from making a deal, which isnt alot of money in the grand scheme of things, but its more principle than anything.

Pretty much the norm at dealers. Nothing new there.

The 11’s had a couple little quirks that got worked out for 2012, thats really why.

haha I bet dude!

Seriously dude, I kinda wanted someone I know to go in there and BS a focus sale, and come back with a “we cant do 16K, wed be losing money” story, and go back and fuck that salesmans fat ass.

Yeah i know, its just frustrating as all fuck. If I hear “real money” one more time im going to stab one of the reps in the face with a soldering iron. Somehow our vehicles arent worth shit, but theirs are gold. Ive seen used Foci like mine go for $15,999+ all day. Idk if just selling it privately would be the way to go, I just dont wanna wait forever.

It’s his loss, there’s a shit ton of dealerships out there that want your money and will deal just to move inventory. Their job is to squeeze every last penny out of you they can and your job is to do the opposite. You were smart to walk out and don’t stress too much, a scumbag salesman isn’t worth it.

why dont ya answer my phone callls ? i feal like ya dont like me anymore than the fat guy that tried jewing ya

America- Fuck people as hard as possible

Yeah, I dont take well to being swindled. Like ya said, their loss. I MAY go back and try to work with another salesman, one that JohnnyK reccomended.

Lol, I work 3rd shift now bro, everytime you call Im eaither sleeping or at work. I still <3 ya big guy!

Not much to add but when my parents traded in my mom’s 08 sentra with 20k on it a few weeks ago they got almost 10k for it towards a CPo 2010 tdi… Not all dealers are rats… Maybe you should try out of state like ct or something

Ive been looking into that actually. Theres a guy on SVTP thats in Vegas… they are below invoice, and would actually fly me out there for free, but I just dont think it would offset the gas cost on the way back, and the time etc. Theres a few other out of state places I gotta check out still that are a little closer to us.

why not create the car you want on ford.com and submit it for an internet price. you will get emails from like 5-6 dealers who will give you around invoice price. this is what we did for my mom when she purchased a new civic years ago.

Maybe it’s a sign that your shouldn’t buy a new car. I could never take the hit of what the car will be worth 2 years later.

Just got a new Z06 for 15k under invoice. Maybe you should hit up GM and see what they’ve got.

Didnt really consider that to be honest, Ill have to give it a try! Thanks man. I just really hate wasting time with the back and forth bs, and try to make that very apparent when dealing with any dealership. Nothing like getting jocked around for 3hrs and wasting time!

Definitely a good idea. When I bought my Evo I drove to Jersey to deal. For them I was “found” business or someone they wouldn’t normally get through their door. I went in with a good trade in and a fair deal in mind. I had excellent credit (got 0%) and being a salesman myself I knew exactly how much they should make off of my trade in and what their hold-back would be. Despite all my knowledge, credit and fair offer I still had to battle but that’s just part of the game.