car drinks gas

hey guys my car drinks gas how can i fix it i smell gas fumes in the engine bay. basically i filled up and it only gave me 210k any suggestions?

Lay off the right peddle…

If you want a more serious answer you are probably going to have to give some more details on the car…

check all your fuel lines, its gotta be leaking out somewhere.

lol um the idle is still wierd i brought the car into nissan to have them diagnose tehe the car and check everything out they said the car was running prime. so i smell gas from the engine bay i brought it into mssc GREAT GUYS very helpful. he said i might just need a basic tune up or change my o2 sensors. but i still want everyones opinion becuase i am very tight on cash and dont want to go spend money on something and not fix the problem. thanks
mikey

possibly gas filter. . i have the same problem right now with my altima. . got to change it tomorrow

Fuel Rail? Injectors?

Could really be a lot of things. You need to be more detailed if you want any help over the internet.

Maybe post a vid or pic to help describe?

get an sr…all other nissan motors that are fast or can be made fast suck the gas hard. …

maybe the car is constantly running rich cuz it’s stuck in “warm-up” mode hehe…
I think it’s the coolant temperature sensor and the EGR temp. sensor that you might wanna change. Also, change both of the O2 sensors… who knows when they were changed.

Leaky injectors are another thing as well… honestly, there could be so many things that could change, but none of them guarantee that your car won’t run rich anymore…

best thing to do when u have issues like that are as follows-

-change oil, fuel filter, distributor cap and rotor, spark plugs and cable, and have ure o2 sensors and ure CAT converter inspected…
Those are a must and will help a lot for sure.

after that, go to the dealer and spend 50 bucks and get a diagnostic test done on ure whole engine…this always points out a few major issues that help get ure car running well.

Varun - you gotta start reading dude :slight_smile:

He’s gone to the dealer…they said it’s perfect.

he hasnt had the actual hook diagnostic computer hooked up as yet, they just looked at it and made a decision…

hehe – so what did they do I wonder:

4 Wheels and Tires = Check
A couple of doors = Check
Steering wheel = check

Looks good

we’re forgetting this car came from COLISEUM AUTO SALES!!!

he’s fucked, the car is most likely wood. He brought it by MSSC and we took a look and suggested taking it to a nissan dealer.

we’re forgetting this car came from COLISEUM AUTO SALES!!!

he’s boinked, the car is most likely wood. He brought it by MSSC and we took a look and suggested taking it to a nissan dealer.[/quote]

so what did you guys see that was wrong with the car? If anything…

i got it diagnoss got the priint out it said everything is good. i guess ill have to jack it up on sat at crappy tire and take a look at it.

My n/a KA gets 500+ a tank Varun…

Like everyone else said, change your plugs, cap/rotor, o2, fuel filter etc.
If you keep on top of these things your 98’ shouldnt really eat gas…

DON’T take your car to Crappy Tire!!! They tell you that there’s stuff wrong with the car that’s totally fine. You’ll end up spendin a shitload of money “fixing” stuff that wasn’t broken in the first place.

burn it

start over

GT

llol no no im going to bring it there to work on since they let me work on my car.

its not running rich and i dont see any leaks on the fuel lines ithink it needs a new fuel pump but i dont noe how to properly tell. is it hard to take out the fuel pump?
and does anyone have one for sale?