car for 10k. ???

acura TL

fixed…

And seriously, the traveling part IMO is worth every penny of it. Motors are built so damn well and easy/cheap to fix. When buying a car with 80k miles, my concern is the suspension and underbody of the car. I’d rather buy a southern car with 80k that has a tranny on the way out with a perfect body and no rusty bolts on the car at all, than a car with 60k here in buffalo driven year round in “perfect” shape with “frozen” bolts everywhere. If you have the means, I’d suggest buying somewhere it doesn’t snow.

/\ x2. I haven’t bought a car in this state - ever.

I’d say the LGT, or possibly a Forrester, although I don’t think that hits the “sporty” checkbox. TSX is FWD but a great car.

if it has to be RWD or AWD my vote would be WRX or the Audi. I just appraised a subaru legacy wagon with 150,000 miles and the car was still worth about $2500 so they hold their value well. Audi makes a great car as well but you don’t want to have to fix them, timing belt and water pumps at 60k is normal and if it has a turbo expect to overhaul it.

find a audi A4 quatro with a 2.8 V6. they last for ever and have decent power. + they are cheap.

fun in the snow.
decent milage
decent power.
good handling

TDI jetta? they are front drive only though.

a subaru with a H6 engine :slight_smile: they sound amazing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-Z4-2003-BMW-Z4_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36469QQihZ011QQitemZ320224218515QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

???

How about one of those Saabarus 9-2x

you people are confusing $10k cars with $15k cars

that one isn’t 15K… yet look into a older one. I hear they are a blast to drive

MY 95 boosted GSR
black
2dr
manual
list goes on
oh and under 10k

he said no front drive though

ah didnt see that

read much?

Other than the fore mentioned 3-series suggestions;

2000-2001 Infiniti G20-t: SR20DE-RR could use a little more power, but not dead slow, great multi-link front suspension, the “t” models come with LSD. Should be in the $6-7 range, saving some money.

The wife drives a G20T, its a nice car. Great MPG, dead nuts reliable. It lacks power and room though.

I’ve been leaning towards a 328 e36. How are these reliability-wise, at around 100k miles?

Will be high mileage and not too snow friendly, but S2k?

+1 to Legacy or Audi
1999+ Mustang GT with leather?
RSX?

I thought about them quite a bit. My researched show that at 100k they are just getting broken in. :tup:

Where the fuck is someone getting a LGT for $10k? I’ll get a parts car…