Help pick my dads next WINTER CAR

So he gave the toureg to my mom and her lease on her stupid fucking envoy is up in like 4 months…So I have until then to stop my dad from buying something shitty like a hummer or other embarassing GM vehicle

I don’t think he’ll go w/ an Audi or VW since the first 2 touregs he had were victims of VW electrical nightmares

I’m thinking used 5 or E class wagon

He doesn’t want to spend more than like 45K

must be AWD :roll:

has to be comfortable b/c my dad is old (read vette not maserati)

sell him your evo

http://www.geoffarnold.com/Images/subaru-legacybig.jpg

AWD, turbo, not over 45k, not a GM, not a german bastardization of electrical engineering, decently large and comfy.

New Lexus GS 330 with AWD is 45K and will be a very nice daily IMHO.
Or an Acura RL for a bit more.

or an SUV, I would go for the X5 with the 4.4L

Just some ideas…
Jeller

:word: to the GS330

STS V8…you’re hating on GM but the new cadillacs really have good quality, and its a solid car overall

+1.

Also, I’d check out the Acura RL, but Legacy wins my vote.

i have the non-turbo legacy and i can’t say anything bad about it except it’s slow as piss. i’ve seen the turbo version go so i’d vouch for it. Also would throw a +1 for the RL, we know hondas are trustworthy vehicles.

How about an Infiniti G35x? Price is well within budget, it is AWD, and certainly luxo enough.

EDIT: Priced one out, and fully loaded with Nav and all the goodies it comes to $41760.

Acura RL FTW

or the Legacy GT

g35x

g35x

bmw 3 series AWD

the new RL FTW

I <3 the new RL, but I like these too :

G35x IMO has a craptastic interior…plus, he thinks he needs an SUV (I’m pushing for wagon) for the “storage space”

Howie - the M is possibly in the top 5 ugliest cars on the road

How about the Volvo V70R wagon? 300 hp Turbo i-5.

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/volvo_v70_r_2006/17478/style_specs.html;_ylt=AqoalAZplxMSb6rnV5PfQfdEe78F

SUV…he needs a pathfinder

acura or mercedes hands down