Car has little to no idle...

Ok the plastic tubing that goes from the airbox to the turbo intake had some cracks in it and the car wasnt running good, I changed it with a ghood one from my parts car and it still wont idle and revs funny. I disconnected the battery to reset the computer but it only helped alittle bit. I need help…I’m stumped.

IAC mabye.

Might be dirty

ok how do i go about cleaning it? just take it off and clean it with a soft rag ? and where would it be located lol…my limited car knowlage owns my ass.

Did you crack or forget to connect a vacuum tube?

nope the vaccum tube is in tact and connected…i was thinking maby its a vacuum leak but i checked everything over and there are no cracks and everthing is sealed tight as a dolphins asshole…i duno what do do.

you probably forgot the hose… or you listened to Choda, fucked with the idle, and screwed something up.

i didint fuck with the idle, dont know how lol. all i did was shange the broken part. I picked it up yesterday and it ran ok, then i got it home, and it started rinning shitty. it had the cracked intake, so i changed it, and its still not running right. hmmm. im totally stumped.

dont know, but it was my problem with my car idle funny, try spark plug wires.

yeah i know it needs plugs and wires…but still, that would be a gradual fuck up wouldnt it? this just happend all of a sudden.

he could be right, could be plugs/wires…but could also very well be the IAC, or if this is a MAF car rather than MAP the MAF sensor could be bad/need to be cleaned.

yeah i just tried running it, it starts fine but will not hold any sort of idle, and i have to pump the gas to keep it running, if i just go at an even rev and keep it at like 3k rpms then it stays for like 2 seconds and just goes down and dies.

take IAC out and clean the needle off, see if that helps.

And you’re having problems with the engine not running smoothly… And you haven’t changed them??? :smash2:

what kind of car/what engine/year?

getting the MIL light? you should probably change those plugs/wires but that doesnt sound like the problem if it’s not keeping an idle, or atleast from what you described

first i would check spark plugs then if that not it…check vaccum lines…let it burn lil bit of insurance fraud never hurt no one lol

Replace plugs/wires/cap/rotor and then see how she runs. Wouldn’t hurt to do the air/fuel/oil filters and oil, plus clean the IACV and throttle body while you’re at it. It’s amazing what a difference a tune up can make.

If you feel adventerous, get a spray bottle and mist the plug wires with water at night. See if you see (or feel) sparks. If so then it’ll just reaffirm that you need to replace the wires.

Blindy throw lots of parts at the car…instead of figuring out whats actually wrong :tup:

oh it could definatly use a tune up…i just cant figure out whats wrong…its stalls when i give it gas after it starts…fires right up no problem…then i rev it and bwwaaaaa…rpms fall right down and she died. Anybody wanna come out and gime a hand? Big mac meal on me :wink:

that is def. IAC no doubt about it. take the IAC off the spare and try it out

its that rez gas u put in it.