Car idle with 0 vacuum or boost ??!?!

Alright guys so i have no idea wtf is going with my car. it runs and has no ecu codes so code 55.

If you guys need to know its a 89 hatch with a Ca18det in it, fmic, stage 2 chip, nismo fpr, s14 t28, atmosphere vented bov.

When the car is at idle its 0 but when i press the gas it goes up depending on how much gas i give. and when i was driving i gave the a bit of gas and it started going to boost fine.

So im wondering is it alright to have 0 vacuum at idle ? or do i have some sort of leak.

This sounds like a joke to me…?

Where is your boost gauge tapped?

I second both the above posts.

As well. Be sure the line to your gauge is not cracked or leaking any where.

sounds like your boost gauge is reading from before the throttle valve (so no vacuum reading)

to read manifold vacuum you need to source your signal from after the throttle body

Ok, thanks guys i have it taped into the Throttle Body. so i guess thats why im getting the weird readings.

Ill change where its tapped into and hopefully it should be fine.

And sorry for sounding like a noob. its my first boosted car.

Get your signal from the fpr line on the CA.

It should be about 18 - 20 inch Hg at idle.

I have that already T’d off to the Butterfly valve.

Should it still be fine ? (Blue S13)

It will work perfectly fine. They both get the same source from the manifold.

Edit: If you have just a line from from the manifold to the butterfly setup and not the entire vacuum canister setup; remove the line to it and just run a new line directly to the FPR and tee a line in that for your boost guage.

You wont notice a difference with the butterfly’s removed unless you have the entire setup.

Alright Thanks.

Its just connected to the valve, don’t have the whole setup.

Just wanted to make sure.