Car Pricing

I was curious to find out what members of son would consider a fair price for a 97 Nissan 240sx se,

Things to help:

140,000km, 2.4L KA24DE, Auto
Aftermarket exhaust
Aftermarket hood pins
Cold Air Intake
New Winter tires on stock rims
Aftermarket racing heart rims/No rubber
Cigarette burn back seat
Scratch on hood beside hood pin

Kind of curious what someone would pay I don’t see any others that I can compare with on this site or autotrader and if it would be a better idea to sell it in winter or summer. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Well put it FS and see what happens. I’d say $4000 and I’ll buy it right now.

mmmmm I was thinking more around the lines of 9g’s but thanks

Than why you asking for opinions, I think I made my point:moon:

nice try tom hahaha…

tart, if you end up keeping this car until at least march of 08 let me know - i’d consider coming to check out the car but i have no place to put another vehicle at the moment. once march comes around i should either be able to get rid of my current “second” car or find a place to put yours.

:stuck_out_tongue: It was worth a shot but the mere point of it was with all the Car Value, Feeler threads lately. These are all people who don’t plan on selling and are just trying to get attention. If you wanna sell you will put it out with a price and work around it, whether it be to low or to high you shall find out but thats what business is about.:mrgreen:

:fnf2:

I’d say maybe 7g’s, because it’s auto. You should be able to get 9 for it though, because people are huge ricers.

You got me…Thanks for the attention

um ya why dont you put up a thread in the FS section
subject could be…IC 97 240sx SE
the you could start with an asking price like 9-10gs and let people lowball from there

I haven’t bought or sold much on SON, but from my observations - “Fair price” and “SON” do not belong in the same sentence.

To answer the originaly OP’s question - the price range you could safely start with would be in the realm of $7000-$9000 depending on condition of your car.

Also, I’d like to add that most private sales are open to negotiations. There’s the rule of thumb of “placing an asking price of higher than what you expect” - on the other hand (from a buyer’s perspective) - “offer less than what you actually expect to pay.”

He speaks the truth.
OP, you should post up some pics. is it still virgin other than the hood pins?