How much would it be worth?

*A guy offered to sell me his 91 240sx coupe.
*The engine is not running as of last week… problem is unknown
*The body panels on the car have no rust from what i can see in pics. Looks very good from the outside.
*The seats are not in the greatest shape
*no mods were listed besides the rims, which will not come with the car.

How much should i offer, or what would be a reasonable price

I would say $500-$1000 depending on the condition of the underbody.

step1.) used vehicle owners package - are there leins? check the value, $1000 may be high.
step2.) look underneath it

step3.) search SON for the thread about what to look for when buying a 240, FAQ or cars for sale maybe.

oh wait there it is;

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2514

oh yeah i forgot to mention that apperently it needs a new trunk lid as well, so i guess that brings the price down as well :smiley:

if i can get this guy to sell for 1g or less then im happy cause that means sr20 will be in by march and then by the summer this thing will be ready for the track

so do u think 900 will be fair

It sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of yourself.

900 is high.

$700 bills on the count that it doesn’t run AND needs a clutch.

Hell, offer him $500 and take it from there.

Check the under body and see what the damage is.

alright sounds good. I’ll keep u guys posted on what he offers.
im just gona swap in the sr20 so is there anything else i should look for?

take a good look at everything, it would be worth putting it up on jackstands and crawling underneath to see what your getting into.

look at brake/fuel lines, tie-rods/ball joints, check the wheel bearings, etc etc

When I bought my first S13 I took it to nissan for an inspection ($90 IIRC-prior to purchase) and they told me all the problems with it.

[quote=“S13GG”]

take a good look at everything, it would be worth putting it up on jackstands and crawling underneath to see what your getting into.

look at brake/fuel lines, tie-rods/ball joints, check the wheel bearings, etc etc

When I bought my first S13 I took it to nissan for an inspection ($90 IIRC-prior to purchase) and they told me all the problems with it.[/quote]

I’d spend that $90. That $90 right now could save you hundreds or even thousands in the long run…

well i went to check the vehicle out today. This si what i found
*water in the spare tire compartment
*rust spots over random spots of the vehicle
*Trunk rusted through so needs to be replaced
*Frame railes still solid looks as if rust may be forming at the ends, but no damage.
*Vehicle not running. Told us around 700 dollars in labour to fix!
*Interior pretty much sucks, but its together.
*frunt strut mounts have minor rust forming
*passanger front wheel well is rusted up good, a whole from wheel well to engine bay is present.
*Its had 5 owners who leased it and 3 owners after, so 8 owners in total.

Guys set on $1000 my father thinks i should pay no more then $500
i think 700… what do u guys think

Your father is right. its not worth more that 500. don’t fall in love with the car.
if you can’t get it at your price then walk away. i have a rust hole on the passenger
side wheel well also, thats not an easy fix. good deals pop up from time to time
so just be pateint.

peace

this car is not even worth an sr, face reality, find a better chassis, its common sense that this car wont run good on track, unless you have a death wish

edit: by not running good on track what I mean is that it wont be safe, it could run good but any moment you could collapse a part of your chassis because of rust and hit a wall or go off and roll over, unless you fix it all up

Ya, i kinda came to that reality that the car is not worth it, thanks for clearing it up for me

Back to the waiting game

Yea its too bad you came in a little too late, Avery just sold a nice chassis for a good price, keep checking the vehicles sections and checking them out, good stuff comes through from time to time… Good luck…

patience is key man…when i was 17 i bought my first s13. spent 3 grand on it. it was fun for a year and a bit, but the previous owner covered all the rust pretty damn well. It only had very minor surface rust on the body and a bit on the strut towers. Less than 6 months later. BAM rusto’d out of commission…i drove it untill the frame was ready to fall off haha