WTB: first 240sx

Make/Model: 89-92
Asking Price: around $2000
Condition: Used
Mileage: any
Description:

HELP!?
hey everyone, ide like to buy ANY 5spd RUNNING 240SX HATCHBACK. I’m a SERIOUS 16yr old and wana start my first project car with the help of my dad using a 240. Obviously, im on a low budget but ive heard of and seen many running 240s under $1000 out there and i just want to get my hands on one.

it doesnt have to be saftied or e-tested cuz my dad, uncle and buds are certified to do that.

Preferably, ide like to be able to pick it up and drive it to my shop.
help a brotha out…dont underestimate me cuz of my age.

please PM me or call (647) 501-6270 thanks

Be careful when you buy your car, 240’s have dirty dirty rust issues with the frames and pretty much anywhere else on the bottom half of the car.

I went to look at a car that was $2800 a few weeks ago, and the frame was so rotten on both sides that the car was completely uncertifiable and nowhere near worth that much… so for $1000 you’re basically looking at either a rust bucket that drives, or a clean(er) car that doent drive.

invest more than 1000. you’ll thank your self later. trust!

dont buy a 240 :frowning:

haha

do it right, buy an s14

well i guess im going to need a lot of luck then…

i bought a 92 integra LS for $800 when i got my licence 3 months ago. it had a rust spot through one of the rocker panels, around the rear left fender and a hole in the trunk. I brought it to my dads shop and he took it to his buddies body shop and the next time i saw it most of the rust was welded? repaired? not sure how rust repairs work. Apparently the guy “owes” my dad big time, so im not TOO worried about rust.

ill probably go for another $500. But thanks guys.

more help would be MUCH appreciated:D

save up some more money and in the end it’s going to be worth it.

^^ i agree… save up a bit more and get a solid, or mostly solid 240.

Jon

You get stuck with a joke 240 it aint going anywhere man. Save up another grand and you’ll have your self a MUCH better 240.

i got a pretty solid s13, 89 for sale if you want, 1200 bux. no holes on strut tower or subframe, u can jack the car up anywhere on the frame and bounce around

buddy save up. Don’t go through what i did. I bought a car from Nelly looked mint as hell new paint job and what not, but once u checked the underneath it was rotted. The whole thing was fibreglassed. I guess u cant expect anything better for 800$? Save up man get a decent car work on it. AND DONT BE NAIEVE LIKE ME, IM 16 TO. Theres some good guys on here that will lead you in the right direction.

I have one, I don’t know how messed up it is but it was solid underneath. It definately will need some body repair though. I cannot assess the damage completely because there is the roof of a building ontop of it. but it seemed to hold up well.

look on autotrader theres a pretty nice clean 1992 240sx coupe for 550 bucks

what white one with dust covered all over it?? It’s been up there for a week at least and i wonder why

despite what everyone says you CAN get a running 240 with a decent underbody for $1000 or less, i’ve bought a '92 for $500 that was in pretty good shape, needed a bit of mechanical work and a '93 for $1200 that is mint as hell, undercoated every year and dealer maintained. the trick is to buy them from people that don’t know anything about the cars. i can pretty much guarantee you that you won’t find one on son, people want way too much for their cars here.

best way i’ve found to find cars is to drive around neighbourhoods and look for ones for sale in someone’s driveway, hopefully one that’s been for sale for a while, then make the owner an offer… a lot of the time they’ll take pretty much anything just to get the car out of the way.

because that guy won’t answer his damn phone.

lol, its true he wont

i got an offer from “jordan” i dont mean to mess up his sales opportunity but im really getting curious about my plans. is this a 240 i should stay away from?
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33751
i just dont like the rust thats showing on the body.

thanks again for all the help so far guys, you rock:cool:

stay away from that car man. from those pics alone it looks like a lot of work. you can’t even see the fram rails so god only knows what they look like.

listen to what people are telling you and be patient, save your money and wait for a deal. they are out there just be patient.

peace

aright if anyone has a hatchback for around $2000 let me know…i want it asap

i got a coupe for 2500$

nah, i want a hatch…