Car raffle for cancer victim

I saw this on another forum, figured I would post up to help them sell the rest of the tickets. I know in the post it says October, but the date has been pushed back into January, I will search to find the exact date.

Here is the post:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

For the benefit of Mr. Sam Dennis who is battling cancer, we are offering for raffle a highly modified black 2002 Z28, 408 cubic inch, 850+ HP, blown, all built, clean, pump gas 9 second car. Car is legally sold as-is where is and is not legal for street use on US highways due to emission controls removed. The car is able to be run on the road if so desired, but not legal and should only be driven by individuals with proper training to handle a high powered vehicle-so car is to be driven at the new owners risk. There are 1000 tickets being sold at $40 each or 3 tickets for $100. Checks or money orders will be accepted and should be mailed to Gary E. Meyer 204 Browning Road Merchantville, NJ 08109 and is the designated administrator of the raffle. Payments will be made out to Mr. Sam Dennis and upon receipt an email confirmation will be mailed out with your ticket number only and will correlate to the ticket number drawn. At no time will the administrator purchase the tickets and drawing will be in a public place in Southern New Jersey on Saturday October 24, 2009 at 12 noon and ANYONE is welcome to come. Someone else’s hand will go and draw from the physical tickets and the tickets will be numbered 1-1000. Owner need not be present to win and would pick up the car and keys in IL at Sam’s house. Also, the process is welcomed to be audited afterwards to ensure all tickets are in the container so there is no issues of legitimate process involved and the process will also be videotaped. This car would be as-is, where is and is legally (lol) not street legal because of emissions equipment removed but I am told it should be fine to drive off road on life like roads. All payments would be sent to me personally but the checks and or money orders would be made out to Sam Dennis and not me. Payments then go in bulk to Sam before he turns over keys and will be cashed prior to auction to make sure the tickets are paid for. I get nothing for this expense wise or any other form of direct and or indirect compensation, however I have the legal authority on determining the winner and running the auction, but my books are open before, during and after the sale to any and all folks that enter. This is not tax deductable in any way and only benefits Sam with his ongoing medical expenses. To have a chance of a car with an approximate retail value of $30,000 and help support a great cause, please purchase tickets. For further information please contact Gary Meyer 856-486-7800 from 10-7 Monday through Friday or via email gem@gementerprises.com and I am grateful to have the opportunity to help another American out for Americans by Americans. For a direct contrilbtuion to Sam, please send him a Paypal payment to turbosam6@yahoo.com but you cannot use PayPal for the raffle and please use you for contributions in addition to the raffle, but we need to sell these 1000 tickets, so please spread the word and buy as many as possible. I know snail mail payments are not the easiest, but please everyone just pony up that way for the tickets and BUY A TON :wink: Please spread this message to other car boards or wherver too and thanks. I will post progress on this thread on ticket sales too-thanks. We need to move quickly on this and sell them fast! TY Gary

Gary

Thanks to everyone who can help, I truly appreciate it!

Sam

Link to info on car:
http://www.viperalley.com/forum/anything-goes/78948-pics-videos-specs-my.html#post1214661

cool deal, hope everything works out for him, I will buy the 3 for $100 after the holidays

cool. sweet ride too. Must add night rider led into hood!

Here is the update:

Dear Raffle ticket Purchaser,
>
> First, let me thank you for the purchase of your ticket or tickets for Sam’s
> Z-28 to benefit San Dennis. Due to shortfall on ticket sales, we are
> hereby extending the drawing day from December 2009 to allow for more
> tickets to be sold. Unfortunately, the Viper Club of America race in
> Valdosta Georgia was cancelled and we were counting on additional rickets to
> be sold there to make up for the small shortfall. We do however have over
> 400 tickets bought and paid for and nearly 50 more spoken for so we are
> close to the half way point and should be there within a few days, so we are
> right near the half way mark to the goal. We need to meet the 1000 ticket
> sold deadline, so we are extending this raffle and really it is the last
> thing I wanted to do for Sam’s sake. Even now, Sam is struggling in the
> hospital and the last thing I want to do is stress him and I know the raffle
> will help him and glad God has blessed me to do this for him and with the
> help of you call we have some work to do.
>
> If there is any problem on your end with the extension, I will cheerfully
> refund your money immediately with my gratitude for your support. If
> however you still want the tickets and I hope for Sam’s case that you do,
> you will still retain the same ticket numbers as before and no response is
> necessary. I am keeping up with the raffle stuff as there are lots of
> messages and calls and the like, but additional emails for me from hundreds
> of people take up a LOT of time and with running my business, especially in
> December for the holidays, it is overwhelming to be frank so if you want to
> stay in the game, please do not respond and I do know MANY of you are
> praying for Sam and me too :slight_smile:
>
> You can track the raffle on this thread:
> http://www.viperalley.com/forum/anything-goes/78614-supercharged-camaro-raff
> le-help.html
> and as always feel free to call me at 856-486-1297 from 10-7 M-F EST, and
> ask for Gary saying you are calling about the raffle. I am not in the
> raffle business at all, just trying to help Sam and know he gets 100% of the
> proceeds, meaning he gets every single dime, not a single penny goes towards
> expenses or the like as that is my donation to help Sam. Many thanks and if
> you can afford to purchase more tickets, please do so knowing it is for a
> great cause by helping Sam and his family and if you cannot, please spread
> the word as his beautiful car needs a home! If you can volunteer to call
> some car vendors to get some ticket sold (they could give them to their
> clients as gifts even!), it would be appreciated. Sam is still in the
> hospital as I am sending this, please keep him in your prayers. In the
> event of a small shortfall on February 1, 2010 we WILL hold the raffle if we
> are a wee bit shy of the goal, so please keep the eye on the Viper Alley
> thread which I admit is long and the last 1-2 pages will have my updates on
> the thread. Thank you all for your support!
>
> Gary
>
> Gary E. Meyer
> WWW.Gementerprises.Com
> (856)486-1297 Gementerprises
> (856)486-7800