Car Shaking with new Rims/Tires - Part II

Car Shaking with new Rims/Tires - Part II
Well after going to firestone twice, and the problem still there, i decided to bring it somewhere else. I ordered some Muteki lugs as well, and took them down to Tire Warehouse this morning. Turns out, that the tires i brought (Hankook HRI Ventus II) were all bad. I was standing next to the guy and talking to him while they he was balancing them and they all needed a lot of weight to balance properly. Every tire was “hopping” where i guess its not perfeclty round so thats whats causig the shaking. This place placed weights on the innner part of the rim and the outer part (not on the lip, but behind the spokes). They were all def. balanced, but you can see when the tire was spinning, you can see the hop. The guy wasnt too confident that he fixed it that much. So i left and drove to work, it felt MUCH better at lower speeds, and i felt relatively safe driving faster, it would still shake but not until i got up to 70-75 mph, and i notice it more when i let go of the accelerator. I dont know if they balanced them better, or because of the lugs, or because he put the worse tires in the back, but it feels 90% better.

So of course, i call the place where i brought the tires, www.edgeracing.com, and they were super nice, no problems at all. They said they would ship me out new tires, and they would pay for the shipping back, and most likely pay for the mounting and balancing. So far its cost me $105 to get them mounted, 65 at firestone, and 40 at tire warehouse. He also said that i could change the tires if i want, and i think im going to go with Falken Azenies (i think its rt115, or something like that). The manager will call me tommorow with the details.

My question is, what could have caused this, at first i worried that maybe they were improperly balanced in the first place, but everyone says theyres no way that you can ruin tires in under 50 miles, they are built to take abuse. Do you think theyre was a defect from when i got them? I remember when i brought it back to firestone he said that they were hopping and he put the bad one’s in the rear. I just dont want to get my new tires and have the same thing happen again. Once again, they are Rota Subzero’s 17X7.5 (new), and they dont have hubcentric rings because i was told time and time again that they dont need them.

BTW, i registered for this forum, and i can log in but cant see any forums, thats why i am still posting under Dans Name.

Thanks for looking, any comment will be helpful.

make sure your ball joints are good lol…mine owned me hard core. Could be something as small as a very minorly shifted belt or something…althought that would be more obvious…Im not really sure…maby they fuxored up when building the tires:gotme:

tires could have been defective…it does happen…or the wheels could be bent too…

or and ive seen this the bead didnt seat at all around the rim even on the car which cause all balances to be off. ur ball joints arnt going to shift belts shifted belts if not taken care of will kill ball joints though.

i just put mine on today and im having the same problem but i dont have new tires they are ones i used last year could my tires be bad

sorry for hijack

I really dont think its anything wrong with the car reason is its a 2003 RSX with 40,000 miles on it, and i didnt have the problem the day before i put the tires on. The tires did balance out, althought it did take an abnormal amount of weights from what the guy said. You can see the wheels hopping after balanced while on the balancer. Im pretty sure its the tires, im just not sure if they came defective, or the people that first balanced them caused them to be defective, which i think is highly unlikely to happen within 20 miles.

bad balance won’t cause the tires to wear so unevenly so fast

Thats exactly what i want to hear. Its not that they wore unevenly though, the best way i can explain it is like an unbalanced washer, more weight is shifted to one side of the tire. I just want it not to be a problem with the rims or my car, and from what the mechanic said, hes 99% sure its not the rims that are causing the problems. I am gonna go with Falken Azenies, i just saw dans (subarudan) and they are HOT. I could also see tires being defective more then rims, afterall, Rims are tested before released, i dont think Tires are, they probably just spot check them. im hoping that they are just a bad batch. from what the guy at edgeracing said, this isnt the first time, and it happens, the chance of getting all bad isnt that common, but if you think about it, if its a bad mold or something, they all would be bad. Finger crossed.

I told you to get the tires road force balanced to see if it was a tire/rim issue.

get them balanced

i dont really think road force balancing is all the big bad end all of balancing that people make it out to be

any balancer is going to balance a tire regardless of how…its all user programmed anyways…so it really relates to the proper user doing the balance with a properly calibrated machine…