Car Shipping?

wow 10k looks like a good price, very nice buy

Theres a Typhoon sitting at the VW shop on route 9 in Round Lake and it seems to have been there a while.

I’d love to import a Holden to the US. I wish it could be done.

That one would be in the “beat rusty” category…that one has seen better days!

nice wheels! love those trucks

id love a Sy (dream car) or even a Ty, but funds being in school hate me, even if i were to find a beat one id be happy and rebuild it

Nice man 10k definitely sounds reasonable. My last question was worded like shit and what it was supposed to say was: What do them things run in the 1320? What does the one you bought run?

My 1st bone stock Ty ran a 13.5 @98. Which is about normal for a stock one.

A perfect running stock Sy can do 13.2.

Problem is getting them running 100%

Isn’t always that easy.

Yea buddy.

are they the gm equivalent of a DSM? I take it they are kinda unreliable??

Kinda. The most unreliable part is the transmission. Pushing 400 ft lbs of AWD power through a 700r4 wasnt a great idea. There is just not enough strength in a 700 for that kind of abuse.

Kept stock they are very reliable. When people start “modding” them without proper knowledge thats when trouble starts. I wouldnt touch a SyTy that had had work done to it without a ton of documentation.

IMO they become “unreliable” when they fall into uninformed hands.

oh i see. so it’s just like anything else then really, but with a GM tranny. Them 700s can be built to take good power though can’t they?

Yeah they can, but I have never seen a shop not knowing what a SyTy is have a transmission hold up. They always fail. There are a few SyTy specific parts in the trans they usually get discarded. I had my trans rebuilt by a SyTy transmission guy and it was 1800 for the cheapest rebuild. And I had to ship it to SC.

Many people are swapping 80e’s in for a couple g’s more and never worrying about it again.

yea probably a much better solution.

anybody manual swap em at all?

Yeah, a few. Autos were much faster.