Ordering a vehicle

can you order a new vehicle online, then have it delivered to a dealership?

or do you have to go to the dealership and order one??

when you order a new vehicle from a dealership, do they tack on any additional charges?

usually they just charge sticker… if youre looking for something spacific, let me know. i can talk to people at work for you

depends on the dealer/sales manager, I’ve seen customer come in and negotiate the price, as if the car was sitting in the back lot. Typically they will want to find one and dealer trade for it. If that happens just demand it is trailered there or you’ll have either a senior citizen putting on miles for you, or a lot attendant on a joy ride.
no matter what the dealer will charge you some form of dealer fee, to cover detailing, pdi (pre-delivery inspection, which is necessary and includes the state inspection stickers)…

i wont take something off a lot. i want to order what i want.

either a Trailblazer SS, or a SLE2 Colorado/Canyon, or possibly a turbo Sky.

also, my company gets some kinda discount at Ford/GM/Dodge dealerships. i gotta check and see exactly how much off.

My wife ordered a '95 Z28 and I ordered my '95 Trans Am, both for about $200 to $400 over invoice. They usually like to sell what they have, but if it’s order or no sale they’ll probably order for you.

Did you try doing a locate to see if there were any around like foz mentioned? Slim chance but possible. Two of our GTPs came from Ohio. Just be careful because they may have already stuck the front license plate bracket on. It was riveted on the 05 GTP, so they swapped front bumper covers for me!

i hit about a dozen dealerships yesterday.

all the TB SS’s had the DVD system, and towing package, and i dont want that.

it was damn near impossible to find a 2WD Colorado/Canyon that wasnt a work truck. (all the loaded ones were 4x4).

the turbo Sky was nice, but not a good DD in the snow.

yeah. we have 3 pontiac dealers, 2 gmc dealers and a Chevrolet store… i can put you in touch with someone about ordering something

i have a car on pre order im pretty excited about i had to put 7k down,

its the new 1 series bmw i got the twin turbo v-6, i got a little options with it so it was around 38k but its my first brand new car and im gonna love it

a couple questions, how much do i need to put as a down payment.

will the Colorado’s be available in the “Xtreme” edition?

or if i run something like a CAI, or aftermarket exhaust on a Trailblazer, does that void the warranty?

It depends, from what I’ve heard some places can void your warranty if you change anything. However, I’ve also heard that if you have trouble with the vehicle and get work done under warranty, they have to prove that it was the aftermarket part that caused the problem to void the warranty. I don’t know for sure on these, so don’t hold me to them.

i’ll ask tomorrow

you can pick up a borla exhaust through the chevy parts department, so I don’t see why someone else’s exhaust would be different…

Colorado’s did come in an Xtreme package, but I’ve only seen like two on the road.

ok, since they don’t offer Yellow anymore. I’m probably gonna go with a Pace Blue Colorado Xtreme. I priced out what it would cost to order an '07. i gotta check if the Xtreme is available in '08.

my GM Supplier discount is 10% off MSRP.

well, 2007 was the last year for the Xtreme Package, and the ZQ8 Package. so i guess no more performance Colorados.

TB SS’s feel too big for me. i would have a tough time manuevering one.

does anyone own/or know someone who owns a Solstice/Sky. would it be a nice DD. it probably wont go in the snow, but that’s never stopped my Fbuckets from being in the snow. also i noticed that water/snow lays on the decklid at the back of the headrests, looks like a place for water to leak into the convertible mechanism area. any ideas?

Starboy’s dad has a solstice GXP

well, i located a handful of 07 Xtreme’s and ZQ8’s within a couple hundred miles.

i’m probably gonna go and get one.

maybe, maybe not…

Chad, do dealerships take a trade-in if you special order a car, and not take one off their lot?

They still take trade-ins for special order, however depending on how long it takes to get your new vehicle in, they may not fully commit to a price. (If it’s less than a month then they normally will, but if it’s 2 month’s or more they may not)

i actually called about this when i first got my truck, if whatever your going in for to get covered under warranty for could have caused the problem then thats not covered…

and i def can vouch for this being true, cuz when my first RearEnd went i had Air Ride on the truck & it was 7 different colors and at first they denied the work to be covered cuz of the AirRide, but then the mechanic pointed out that the only thing not broken in the rear end was pinion and if the rear end blew due to it having Air Ride then the pinion bearings and seal would be shot

i found a 06 in johnstown. its not New, but i can’t get what i want new.

i’m gonna try to close a deal before New Years, it’ll be a nice holiday present.

http://images.cars.com/supersized/DMI/153527/B3883.jpg

http://images.cars.com/supersized/DMI/153527/B3883.03.jpg

there is also this 2007 in Newark, but its not a 4door. and I’m not a fan of ext. cab jump seats.

http://images.cars.com/supersized/DMI/153363/94075.03.jpg

my main purpose for going New was to get rid of my SHO, clean and clear, without taking a hit on it. as long as i get something from a dealership, i drop the SHO with no worries.

did the same thing on my GTP, bought my WS6 3 years old at a dealership, and got bluebook for my GTP traded in.